04

THE GIRLS GOT dropped off by their carriage closer to Jimin's place this time, and as soon as Tahani's feet hit the floor, she began to feel the ropes tangle around her lungs yet again

THE GIRLS GOT dropped off by their carriage closer to Jimin's place this time, and as soon as Tahani's feet hit the floor, she began to feel the ropes tangle around her lungs yet again. They hadn't made even the slightest inkling of a plan; they were going in blind.

Rowan didn't hate it, though. She was definitely taking in her surroundings the same way Tahani did two days earlier, every tiny aspect of the village reminding her of their children's storybooks.

"Is it wrong to romanticise this lifestyle?" Rowan whispered, "Because I think I'm in love."

Rowan dazzled, as usual, donned in a dark rose gown that flowed out from her waist with puffed sleeves. Her stunning brown hair trickled past her shoulders and flew in the wind as she played with a couple of strands of it between her fingers.

The older sister shrugged as she reached out for the other's hand to drag her toward Jimin's bakery, "Let's not get sidetracked."

"Right, yes, let's go meet the handsome man who's got my sister all smitten over him."

"I'm not smitten!"

"Oh, please," Rowan snorted, clutching her stomach with her free hand, "Don't make me laugh."

"Wait," Tahani reached out to grab Rowan's arm before she could walk any further. "Wannie, how do I look?"

The younger cheesed a grin at her, lifting her hands to brush the stray raven hairs away from the front of her face and tracing her jimikki with her fingers.

"You look stunning, Nini."

She then moved her hand down to her shoulder as she straightened the girl's shawl and patted her grand necklace. Despite their differences in origin, Rowan absolutely adored her sister's cultural roots and even more so how she never let them go.

"Thanks, kanna," Tahani heaved in a deep breath, "Okay, let's go."

They approached the small establishment that Jimin had pointed out the other day as his bakery and hesitantly peered their heads through the door. The scent of freshly baked goods that wafted through the air caused both girls to groan inaudibly.

"It smells so good!" Rowan hissed, and Tahani nodded with a pleasant smile.

"And you know it tastes even better."

A sound suddenly caused them to shut their mouths and turn their eyes back inside. It would have been an understatement to say that the voice belonged to a man—for only an angel could own a tone such as that. His voice was grace, and it was syrup; it was the softest sound the world could ever witness.

Singing along to the words of a song Tahani didn't know, nor did she understand, a lean figure emerged from behind the back door. Still facing away from the two girls, he slapped some dough onto the bench and started kneading.