1.

"Turn to the left for me."

Slowly, Jersey turned to the left. She placed her eyes on the brick wall, carefully trailing the lines with her eyes.

"I need a close-up photo." The heavyset officer claimed as she took a step toward Jersey with her camera in her hands.

The sounds of the camera flickering caused Jersey to flutter her eyelids. When the police officer backed away, she turned her attention toward her.

"We're all done."

"Wait..." Jersey trailed off, lifting her shirt. "I have one more bruise."

The officer cocked her head to the side. She watched as the woman revealed her stomach. She was small yet still round and barely showing. On her left side, there was a deep scratch. Jersey wasn't quite sure how it got there, but she assumed Tilly tried stabbing her with something while they were fighting.

"Another one?" The officer called out in disbelief. She shook her head as she wobbled over with her camera. "This is just disgusting. Why would she do this to you?"

Jersey said nothing as she continued to hold her shirt up. She didn't want to speak about the situation because it was stupid. The fight was literally over nothing, and she only retaliated because Tilly's delusional ass decided to hit her.

After the officer captured the evidence, Jersey received medical treatment. Her wounds were sterilized, lathered with ointment, and bandaged up properly. The baby was fine and unbothered by the drama—Jersey didn't seem to think about him. She was still shocked about the fight.

She finalized her report and was released to Malcolm, who kept pacing the floors. He was worried about her and only wanted to know if she and the baby were okay. When he recognized her at the glass doors, he stopped and stood there with his hands tucked into his pockets. Jersey had her arms folded as she slowly walked over. Malcolm closed the gap between them and wrapped his arm around her torso.

"You alright?"

Jersey nodded her head stiffly and said, "I want to go home."

"Let's go." He whispered while rubbing her back. "Amber is waiting for us."

▲▲▲

2 Months Later

"Yo, you're not ready yet?"

Jersey lifted her head and noticed Amber walking into her room. She rolled her eyes and decided to lay back on the pillow.

"We have a lot of shit to do, Hersh." Amber continued as she neared the bed.

"I'm not really feeling good." Jersey pushed out. "I feel...drained."

"That's because your ass is pregnant. You're what—seven months pregnant now?"

"Seven months..." Jersey stated dryly with a stiff nod. She decided to get up from the bed and slide her shoes on. Jersey wasn't in the mood to dress up, so she decided to wear a cute jogger set with her crocs. It was comfortable and convenient for her ankles. Instead of cutting her hair, she decided to let it sprout without disturbance. The copper color was growing out beautifully, and she was able to do a few styles with her hair.

As expected, Malcolm decided to fire Paul. Unfortunately, he didn't follow Malcolm's orders, which resulted in Jersey getting harmed by Tilly. Malcolm wanted to do permanent damage to the man, but he was begged not to by Jersey. Instead of doing so, he relieved him from his duties. Another bodyguard was put in his place.

Jarod. He barely talked and carried a menace expression across his face. He was cutthroat—vicious—the perfect protection Jersey needed.