0.15 TAPE 15

the final tape. vision walks back into his seat and leans back.

y/n: i thought i found a way. a way out. but you all never went away. so i guess i gotta stay now.

steve: what?

bucky: huh?

loki: oooo

thor: what does this mean?

clint: oh my godddd

sam: y/n...

y/n: oh i hope someday i'll make it out of here. even if it takes all night or a hundred years. i need a place to hide but i can't find one near. i want to- to feel alive but i can't fight my fear.

wanda whispers to vision you're right. she scoffs and shakes her head in disbelief with a smile plastered on her face.

y/n: isn't this lovely? i'm all alone. my heart is made of glass, my mind of stone. you all tore me to pieces. skimmed my bones. this is love? i guess welcome home.

tony: i'm so confused

peter: me too

pietro: oh my...

natasha: what the hell

bruce: good god

vision: chaos...

y/n: i would walk out of the place all the time. i would look for a better place. somethings on my mind and it's always in my head space. oh i know someday i'll make it out of here.

everyone has a blank stare on, dying on the edge of their seats.

y/n: congrats! you got through all the videos. 15 tapes, 13 reasons why. and i feel horrible to be honest, so so sorry. i really needed to get all  that off my chest. i do know someday i'll make it out of here. it's just- today isn't that day

some gasps come from the room

y/n: did you really all think i'd take the easy way out? i'm kind of disappointed! and i know what your all thinking "steve found my body" ahhh! yes, he did. he found me in a pool of my own blood with my wrists cut up. you found my body, not my soul.

vision: i knew it

steve: knew what?...vision answer!

vision doesn't answer.

y/n: my heart's made of glass. my mind is made of stone. and i don't want to fight anymore...it's all so stupid now i'm done with it. goodbye and hello avengers

the tape ends. everyone except wanda and vision are confused and are freaking out.

sam: is she alive? vision...is she alive

y/n: she is

all heads turn to the girl who was dead to them two minutes ago. she looks like herself. she is herself. she's leaning against the door frame, arms crossed. the man with the mind stone in his head stands up and hugs her. she gets swept off her feet with a giggle.

vision: i knew we would meet again

y/n: who do you think put it in your head? i'm glad your happier she smiles up at him

everyone had gathered around the girl, half of them in tears. vision lets go of her and she looks around at everyone. she starts to talk to everyone, starting with tony.

tony: kid, i'm so sorry.

y/n: it's- it's okay

tony: it's okay?

y/n: it's okay

he hugs her so tightly, never wanting to let go. he whispers i'm so glad you spread your butterfly winds.

she finds steve in the crowd after talking to thor, loki, and peter. she apologizes profusely to peter and of course he accepts. he's just a little smush.

y/n: where's your girlfriend?

steve: ex girlfriend

y/n: y-you broke up with her?

steve: yeah...i did

y/n: and why is that?

she gets cut off but a familiar set of fingers tapping her shoulder. she turns around and sees bucky.

bucky: y/n-

y/n: save it barnes

bucky is silent before y/n moves through the crowd and makes her way to natasha.

natasha: please y/n-

y/n: didn't i say to not come in my way? please just- stop acting like a hero. like a martyr. because you're not.

she walks away from natasha, slaps clint across the face, talks to the twins, ends up talking it out with sam, and bruce apologizes maybe 50 times to her.

and just like that, all goes back to normal. well not the before normal. a new normal. where she gets loved and accepted. it really took her having to fake her death for them to realize.

well, they think it's normal.

she mischievously stands in the back of the room, biting the nail on her thumb with a smirk on her face. she has a license and reason to kill, will she act on it?