Chapter 12

Bloom Pavilion

The next morning, Xu Ling Ai woke up by the sound of loud steps and loud commands from outside.

Yesterday, she sew her clothes until late at night. Yawning all over again, she forced herself to get up and head to take a quick bath.

Since she got no planned this morning, she decided to wear less clothes. Living in the ancient era force her to wear double robes.

Xu Ling Ai respect her old ancestors culture and she likes wearing robes. But sometimes she do miss wearing a simple clothing which is top and pants especially on a hot day.

She open her window and check what is going on outside. Rubbing her eyes with her hand trying to clear her vision.

"What are they doing?" Her hair were totally messy. Based on her state right now, she couldn't go out and ask so she decided not to become busybody.

"Gu Mama gonna nag at me if she know I haven't take a bath yet." Xu Ling Ai mumbling at herself for her stupidity while heading for a bath.

After their last conversation about Li Zhi Ming or Xiao Zhan, Xu Ling Ai did not meet Li Zhao or saw him anywhere. It's like he did not live in the manor.

But she did not care as long as he allow her to live and eat there. She knew he got no feelings towards her and she neither.

When she first arrive in the manor, she also heard the servants chitchatting that Li Zhao has never went to the brothel house. So he won't treat Xu Ling Ai like his consort.

The servants were right though. Xu Ling Ai and Li Zhao never sleep together, never talk to each other properly or eat together.

Some of them even said that before Xu Ling Ai's marry him, people said that he likes man. Which means he is gay in the modern world.

So Xu Ling Ai did assess Li Zhao on their wedding day. And they were right he did not treat woman specially.

She is an expert when it comes to detect any emotion from someone eyes. But Li Zhao's eyes shows nothing. Don't even talk about love.

Even lust can't be seen which a normal man had it when they saw a woman who are basically wearing nothing but a night robe.

So she predicted that he might not like a woman at all. She is a modern girl and she is very open minded if he happen to like someone else. It's just that she wants to go back before she became a widow.

"How am I going to tell him that I don't mind if he dates a man?" Xu Ling Ai touch her chin while thinking.

She is currently wearing her handmade clothes. It fit her perfectly. Her arms, neck and legs were exposed. She feel chills and cool due to the wind.

"Will he feel offended? I can't even to talk to him now because he always went missing. I'm pretty sure that he wanted nothing to do with me." She grab the antic and started to comb her long hair.

"Ouch!" She suddenly screamed when her hair get tangled. Xu Ling Ai pat her own head trying to ease the pain.

Suddenly an idea popped up, she tie her hair high just like Ariana Grande. Using the the comb as a mic as she sang Ariana's song.

"So one last time I need to be the one who takes you homeee.." She sang quite loud while trying to reach the high note.

Unknown to her, Li Zhao were standing opposite her pavilion. Her window was open widely that anyone passed through there can see what she was wearing.

But no man will pass there except the ladies servant which had been assigned to take care of Xu Ling Ai.

He couldn't stop thinking about her weird action. Li Zhao wanted to know whether she is pretending or she is just pure sociable.