Chapter 22: Thank you professor, it's beautiful

Y/n Pov

The next day Madame Pomfrey allowed me to see my friends, after much begging. Pansy was the first to see me, followed by Ron Harry and Mione. Fred and George visited me and brought me a bunch of prank candy for me to try.

Neville came by in the afternoon, bringing me flowers which I found really sweet. I was going through the notes of the classes I had missed when I heard someone at the door. I looked up to see Draco standing there, unsure on whether he should talk to me.

"Hey Y/n" He said walking to me. "Hey Draco" I replied. He sat down on the chair next to me and we sat in silence. I didn't hold a grudge against him anymore but I didn't know how to start a conversation with him. "I came here to say I'm sorry for what I said the other day" He said breaking the silence. "Wow did Draco Malfoy just apologize to me?!" I said smirking.

"Don't get used to it Y/n, this may be the last time I ever say sorry" He replied smiling. "I'm pretty sure its isn't the last time Draco, you're gonna mess up more" I replied giggling. "But in all seriousness I forgive you, even though you were a arse" I added making him chuckle.

We joked a bit more before he had to get back to class. Something had changed about him, making him fun to be around. I was able to get back to classes after a few days, and move back to my dorm.

I thought Professor Dumbledore would call me to his office once I was out of the infirmary, but I hadn't seen him at all. I did have to meet with Professor Snape in the evening, and I hoped Professor Dumbledore would be there.

"Professor you asked to see me?" I said entering his classroom. "Sit down Black" He replied sternly motioning me to a chair. "Black magic is dangerous, to the user and those around it" He stated as I sat down.

"You have two choices, allow the black magic to control you, and have the ability to be the top of the top" he continued. "And allow it to hurt the people around me, No thank you Professor, I would rather hurt myself" I interrupted.

"If you want to allow the dark magic to reside in you, eating away at you, hurting you when you least expect it then this is for you" He replied handing me a pendent. It was in the shape of a flower, white in colour and was hung onto a silver necklace.

"I placed a charm on it, it will help you contain your dark magic, allowing you to use it when needed, never take it off" he added as I admired the locket. "It will continue to hurt you, but the locket will ease the pain" He continued. I took it and put it on. I could feel a heavy weight lift off my shoulder as I clasped it.

"Thank you Professor, it's beautiful" I said smiling. His face softened, and a slight smile crept onto his face. "Did this belong to someone else?" I asked holding the pendant in my hand. "It did, but that doesn't matter anymore" He replied, his face stiffening again.

"I think you should be leaving Ms black, I have classes" he added. I nodded and got up to leave. "Thank you Professor, this will truly hep me, I really do appreciate it" I thanked as I left.

I admired the pendant while walking back to class. It was gorgeous, and the white color was slightly hypnotizing, the way it shone in the sun. I held the pendant in my hand. It was extremely light. My hand grazed against something on the side.

The turned the pendant to see a L engraved on the side. It must have belonged to someone important to professor Snape, the letter was hand graved. I didn't know what the flower shape was, it looked sort of like a Lily.