Chapter 18: Nico & A Friend?

Percy

Groaning in my sleep, I shift then pull myself up just to wake up in a cream colored room, quite plain yet modernized unlike my room at underworld which is quite ancient looking.

Soon enough there's a knock on the door, creating a knot on my stomach. What if a monster is waiting for me? What if Nico was hurt too? What if-

"Perce" A small voice croaked, midnight black hair peeking, darkest onyx eyes peeking through the small opening of the door. Nico

"Nico!" I croaked forcefully, my throat felt parched while my mouth felt like full of sand and rocks.

He walk towards me with his usual timid yet bright self, as he gripped his ring nervously. "I'm fine" I answered his unasked question, before he baby me or schooled me.

"Lady Styx won't be happy with this Perce, your mom was very scary" Nico said, before sitting beside me. "Remember when you almost fall on the pit while we're playing?" Nico added with a funny expression on his face, "Lady Styx almost smite me because of that"

"Lord Hades was scary too, he almost smite me when I try out his helm" I said, feeling really skeptical about the idea of being smite just because of a Helm! "His helm is a looker, I can't help it" I said, after registering Nico's exasperation.

"It's his symbol of power, after my sister Bianca-" Nico started but I stopped him immediately.

"You told me we will meet Bianca!" I said accusingly. Nico is always talking about his sister, and honestly I can't wait to meet her, to know if she's nice or suck like Charon, and Hades fashion sense.

"We will! So get up lazy fat ass!" Nico said, annoying the heck out of me immediately.

I try to held him in a chokehold, but he just shadow traveled, switching our positions completely, me in his mercy which is more than annoying. "Really Perce? Nice try though" He said.

I try to shake him off, but tendrils of shadow snaked on my legs and arms, completely immobilizing me. I was okay with that but when he started tickling me, I laughed so hard making my stomach ache, and I started feeling like I'm about to pee, my sensible self agree to surrender.

"Ni- Nico- Sto- Stoppeddd!!!" I laughed out, "I- I will not! Do it again"

He loosen the shadows, as I wipe a small dribble of drool on my mouth, then he decided to let me go from his chokehold on his thighs. "You look so flushed" He said, making me even more red in embarrassment.

"Next time you do it, I will hit you using a giant water punch" I snark but he just laugh at my threat, clearly not threatened by me.

"If you manage to catch me" He said, which obviously triggered me to attack him for another round of tickling match, I'm sure though that I'm gonna win.

We continue fooling around for some minutes until a unfamiliar voice startle us both. "Perce, This is Luke- Luke this is Percy" Nico said, while Luke look at me weirdly.

"Hi Percy, I am Luke" He purred Eliciting a shiver from me, for unknown reasons. "Don't be shy, I help Nico here... to find you a place to rest and heal up" He added, as he grin like a some sort of god with a off to charts confidence.

"I guess thank you" I said weakly, giving him a reluctant smile. The air around him feel powerful, making me worry that he is some a god playing a mortal role. "You're a demigod?" I ask awkwardly, as he settle between me and Nico, while the latter is blatantly scowling.

"How about you Percy?" Luke replied playfully.

"I asked the question first, It's fitting if I receive the answer first" I said, rolling my eyes at him.

"Okay feisty little one" He said, "I'm a demigod, son of one of the Olympians"

I look at him expectantly, waiting him to elaborate but it's obvious that this day wasn't my luckiest.

"My godly parent is the River Styx" I said, earning a raise eyebrow from Luke. "And Nico is a son of-"

"Olethros, a son of Olethros. Just a minor god" Nico continued, making my eyebrows shoot to the roof, due to Nico's blatant lie.

"God of Violent Death? That is something else, and you Styx?" Luke said, the look on his face is unreadable and calm, making me felt wary a bit, though it fades in to warm smile quickly. "Oh, We are planning to go back on the cruise ship, I hope you join us"

Nico look at me warningly, but can you blame for wanting to see the sea? Nope of course.

"We would love to" I said, ignoring Nico and his seething glare.
______________________________________________

AN: Hi ! The semester just end, so obviously it gave me time for writing.