thirty-one - him

if you fall,

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|AND LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE."

Yuki Sohma did not mean for a simple encounter to escalate.

He definitely did not see this coming. 'Even Akito knows now.'

"What..." His eyebrows knitted together. "What are you doing with that picture...?"

Akito smirked, eyes glinting a malicious dark violet. "You recognise her, yes?" Her tone did not betray the dark light in her eyes, dripping in nothing but a deep yearn for violence and chaos.

'She's got you, now.' Yuki knew this, as he started to purse his lips together, not knowing what to say. 'She found your bargaining chip.'

'The piece that could bring you back to her.'

He did not flinch when his inner voice screamed that statement at him. He no longer could. The second the woman in front of him had shown him the picture, his emotional center had been flickering.

Flickering between 'on' and 'off'.

Like a sputtering engine - but it was not a bad thing. At least, to him it wasn't. He was like something that has had enough - the last straw. It was as if his heart was no longer beating in normal time.

He then felt a wave of cold, distant feelings wash over him. The sounds of air vanished from his ears, the feeling of the same air being taken away from his lungs.

"I do." His silver eyes were flickering, serious. "I do know her."

"And, so what? What if I know her?" He went on - for some reason, he was feeling strangely courageous. And the Sohma family head was just standing there, listening.

"Are you going to go on about how I'm not supposed to go again? How I won't ever be happy, if I should leave this place? How I will be lonely out there, all alone without my dear family and the special bonds that we have?"

The voice he used was calm, solemn. Nowhere near the desperation and fear he thought he'd be feeling.

"Bullshit. If this is what family is, I want no part in it."

"Oh, but if you were to leave... Then this girl here will be in trouble." The woman cocked her head to the side. "And it's not like you have anyone outside of the main Sohma Family close to you, right? The girl doesn't count - she doesn't even know you are a rat, for goodness' sake! Isn't that considered lonely? Do you like being lonely?"

The Rat's eyes widened. Despite his efforts, it was still no use.

Yuki Sohma had found himself agreeing to everything she was saying, again.

"One week. That's all I give you. Tie up all your loose ends. Then, come back to me." Akito's devilious grin did not fade. "If you try anything funny, that girl you are so attached to shall be locked up."

'Locked up... where?'

'More than that, what happens if I come back here? What do I tell her? That I'm going forever?'

'No.'

The grey eyes belonging to the boy who was cursed with the soul of the Rat met with the eyes of God herself.

"Alright." He agreed, lowly. "I'll come back in one week."

'I'm sorry, Y/n.'

The boy left the room, walking out of the residence slowly, feet padding against the wooden floorboards. While he wasn't emitting any noticeable sound, his fists were clenched and trembling.

'I need some more time to think.'

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

i'll fall with you.

words: 568
published: 19/06/2021