Fishermen

Inside one of the cabin pockets, they found the key to the door. Scarlett and Zen walked out of what seemed to be like a blazing hot furnace -the cruelty of being hostages.

Their eyes flickered as the morning wind caressed their cold skin. They stood at the steep edge, next to the artificial plants laid across the door.

'What next?' was the question drooping in the air.

The ocean slept under the sapphire blanket of the glossy morning sky. They were just a few feet away from the waters.
Afar, they saw fishermen unloading their nets. The huge mass of fish flogged, whipping their tails as they were forced to suck air. The trunks were loaded with all kinds of fishes. The fishermen were done with their early dawn hunting and were packing their implements- ready to earn today's bread.

"Hunch!!!" Zen towed her abruptly behind the dummy plants.

They saw two muscular men walking towards them. One wore a crisp black suit and the other had a graphic T-shirt on.
Their fully reflective shades gave away a luxurious tone. They walked closer and closer, chattering something as they stopped in front of the 'house'.

"This is it, huh?" The man in a raven suit asked.

"Aye! They..behind this building..all ready. The number children is 19 but " he stuttered with his broken English, adding actions to his words, "But two of em, the boss said.." He struggled to find the English term and so he wrapped his hands around his neck, his tongue sticking out like a dead man, "this this..."

"Ahh...they died huh?"

"Yes, sir!!, the earth broke a day ago..buildings fall..." At this point, Zen and Scarlett sucked back giggles.

"Ok! So the earthquake killed them I see."

"Two kids? How negligent of them. It is a great loss indeed for us. Anyway, let's go." He bossed over the other man, following his direction.

Both unwrapped their sealed eyes in relief as they saw those men walk away.

"Earthquake!" Zen scoffed.

"Filthy pigs!" Anger reigned her.

"Scar! Let's get out of here before they come pouncing at us!
We need to run, run to save our lives. It is dangerous to stay another instant in their territory-"

"-Zen, I feel guilty!"

"Of what?" He was not in the mood to sense her guilt rather leap towards safety.

"Saving our lives when Odlin is tormented inside and when the poor lives are abused by those pathetic humans. How horrifying I feel! What's the worse that is going to happen to us? Nothing more than what the kids inside will be subjected to!"

"Oh Scar! You give up at times like this. Two lives saved is better than none saved! Let's rush, don't tell me no!"

She let a slight nod which he assumed to be her approval.
They leapt towards the nearest boat.

"Can you take us to the nearest land?" He blurted out catching his breath.

"Eh?" The man replied checking them out.

"He doesn't understand English,  Zen. Let me make it easier"

She stroked her hands, marking invisible lines. She pointed at them and the boat, asking him to cruise them to land.

The sailor who flaunted a thick moustache which had perfect curls at both the terminals waved his hand motioning a 'No'

"He misunderstood your action for something else. You deserve an Oscar for your acting!"