Chapter 42

"Elizabeth-chan..." Suzuki Risa in her Italian name Elizabeth Alicein Benirotti, turned her head to the source of the call and saw Lussuria, her superior member of Vongola's independent assassination squad Varia and the Sun guardian of the said Mafia family. She still can't believe that she is now working under the Vongola Mafia family.

"Yes Luss-nee?" she asked with her brows raised.

"Boss, wants you in his office." He muttered, worry was presented on his tone making Elizabeth curious about the reason why. She complied and went to her Boss' office and found him sitting on his chair while waving his wine glass. Xanxus gave her a gaze until she stands still in front of him. He sighed and slips a brown file on his desk towards her. She picked it up and flips the folder and saw someone she knows. She looked up to meet her Boss' wine colored eyes. She looked back at the file and stared at the picture. The person has light tousled, fair hair and wears glasses. He has a thin face and wears the customary Varia uniform. Ottavio.

"Do you know that guy?" Xanxus asked his cloud guardian as he was looking at his wine dancing on inside the glass on his hand as he waited for his cloud to say something.

"Yeah."

"Do you know about his past?"

"No." Elizabeth stared at her Boss. A few moments later, Xanxus sighed and put down his wine glass on top o his desk and crossed his fingers on each other's hands and put it below his chin. He stared back at his Cloud.

"He was the former second in command."

Elizabeth just looked at her Boss as a new information was given to her. She just hummed in understanding. Xanxus eyed his newest member. She was just staring at the profile on her hands, sometimes raising her eyebrows, sometimes frowning. Xanxus doesn't know what's going on her head.

"Oi. Are you not going to say anything?" Elizabeth eyed her Boss.

"What would I say?" Xanxus eyed her again. Just what's the deal with this girl? He asked himself.

"Don't tell me you were worried that I might 'wreck havoc' just because I learned this information. Why would I?" She stared at her Boss, dead in the eye. Xanxus returned her stare.

"The truth is, I was shocked learning this information about that person and I honestly think that he might be already dead. Yes I am grateful to him because I may not be I am now it wasn't for him but I'm not really in the mood to feel anything negative about you guys. I am living in the present, why would I go back in the past?" She muttered still looking at her Boss. Xanxus gave her a smirk – obviously happy about her answer. She's really just not an ordinary girl out there. She has her goals to pursue just like all of them; maybe because Xanxus was still testing her about ny random things that may or may not affect her growth as a member of his elite assassination squad.

A perfect Varia Quality. A quality that only a few member of society have. An extraordinary quality in which is in like to those deadly-people who are living on Earth. But only one person has given the extraordinary quality that no one know she can also do. She was just unordinary with the same pattern of life force like Lal Mirch, Bianchi and Adelhied from Simon Family. Elizabeth was also like the Ottava Daniela when she was still alive. The same pattern of life in which is normal if you are in this line of work. Whether you are a child or teen or an old man, you can never get this out of your system.

There's no such thing as good or bad person in this line of work because the only one who can opinionate that are the other person. It is an orientalist opinion that doesn't matter to you or to anyone. Everyone can just be themselves. Just like Elizabeth was. She never let anyone change her. Even she support the saying 'the only one who can beat me is me'. For sure because Elizabeth doesn't let anybody ruin her except herself; she doesn't want to be beaten because her life is always at stake in this line of work. The quality in which only a limited group of people can sort out.