49: Sort of Normal

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

The next morning, Taehyung woke up in Jungkook's bed again but the other side was empty. He groaned when he felt his muscles aching from laying in an awkward position for longer.

He sat up on the bed and leaned his head back. Unconsciously, his hand moved up to the pendant hanging over his skin proudly. A sense of giddiness ran over his skin as the last night seemed so perfect even in his memories. After that sweet peck and a promise, they came back to the room and Jungkook hugged him to sleep. Smiling to himself, he got up from the bed to freshen up before breakfast.

Another good thing happened last night, Taehyung finally answered Jungkook about Jin. He said that the other was one of his old friends. Of course, a lie but Jungkook looked satisfied with the answer, leaving Taehyung satisfied as well.

When he wore the clothes in his own room, he noticed his empty ears. Scolding himself, he quickly pulled out another earring from the little box he had placed very carefully under his own old clothes and wore that.

"Hey. Anyone there?" He softly spoke while brushing his hair, pouting when he felt only half of the hair showing the blue color that was also faded now.

"Oh. You there finally."

"Jin hyung? How are you? My hair color is fading." He stated oh so casually like nothing happened the previous day or night.

Jin remained silent for a little while but cleared his throat for the answers.

"I'm good. Well, it should be me asking how are you Tae?." Taehyung smiled at the question and leaned forward to brush away the few strands of hairs from his eyes. His hairs were growing as well.

"I'm all good." Anyone could say that he was happy.

"That's good to hear. You.. um.. you slept well?"

Now Taehyung's smile faltered because he could sense something off in the tone. Quickly leaving the mirror, he walked to the bed and sat there.

"Is everything ok? Where are the others?"

"Yeah. Everything is perfect now. Baekhyun is just whining since yesterday as Chanyeol sort of asked him out. Well, this wasn't much expected but Park seems impatient for our technical brain." Jin cackled a bit amused and Taehyung smiled as well. This was normal Jin and he loved this one man.

"That's good now. How about Officer Namjoon?" Taehyung asked while looking at his phone that he dropped in the closet yesterday. He clearly saw Jungkook taking that somewhere but now it was placed over the side table.

"Actually, there is a meeting regarding this case. Namjoon is there with the higher officials to decide what to do next about you."

Taehyung's hand stopped examining his phone which was off. His heart skipped a beat at the mention of that.

"Oh.. I see." He muttered despite the urge to stay silent.

"He took all the proofs with him. Don't worry Tae, just a bit more then you'll be free of that prison."

"Prison?" He repeated the word. Yes, he called the mansion prison when he first came here. But now? It wasn't like a prison anymore.

A knock startled him a bit and he quickly straightened on the spot. John peeked inside the room with a huff.