79: Power

Groaning as pain and discomfort hit my senses just as the dark clouds of unconsciousness lift from above me letting me open my eyes.

Bringing my hand up to rub my swollen eyes, I shift uncomfortably in my spot as I try to clear my blurry vision. 'Where am I?' I wonder as the roughness of the ground below me makes contact with the palm of my hand.

Shifting my focus to the cold hard surface I'm lying on; I realize the unfamiliar surroundings. Trapped within four walls of cold metal, with no visible exit in sight except for the sizable metal door that's closed and a small mail slot cut out on the high end of the back wall.

Winching in pain that spreads through my head, my hands on instinct shoot up to nurse it. That's when the event's from before come flooding back giving me a punishing headache.

"That woman is dead as soon as I get my hands on her," I grit out as Ms. Jonas' betrayal replays in my head.

Bring my legs up to my chest as the ice-cold air in the room causes shivers to run up my spine. "Where the hell am I?" I groan, trying to stand on my legs with the support of the wall.

"Fuck," I cuss in pain as I thread my fingers through my messy hair and feel an odd stickiness settle on them.

Frowning I bring my fingers into my line of vision only to recognize the sticky substance like blood. "How hard did that woman hit me," I mumble, wiping my blood-stained hands across my pant.

Ignoring the sharp shooting pain that's making its way from my head and down the rest of my body, I use the wall as a support and make my way towards the metal door.

Scanning the rectangular structure, I sigh when I see no handle or keyhole or anything. It's just one big rectangular structure that about half an inch thicker than the wall it's etched to.

Turning to face the rest of the room, it takes me less than a moment to realize that the small square room I'm trapped in, is a cellar. Other than the portable toilet pushed in one corner of the room, the room is empty.

"Who the hell are these people?"

A scream leaves my lips as my body slams against the cool metal floor when the heavy metal door is pushed open and because I was standing a few steps away from it, when it was opened it hit me in the back shoving me to the ground.

A mocking laugh bounces off the walls of the cellar while I'm too busy overcoming the pain that shoots up my back. "Looks like the mafia princess finally found her place." Chuckles a male from behind me.

Using all the energy and strength I have left in me, I use my hands and push my body off the ground, and grabbing a hold of the nearest wall, I turn to face the stranger pulling on a blank look.

"Who the fuck do you think, you're glaring at suka?" He growls while his face continues to remain hidden behind the black mask he has on.

"Do you see anyone else in this room other than yourself?" I remark sarcastically rolling my eyes refusing to let him see the fear and pain I actually feel.

"You!" He snarly like a feral animal taking a threatening step towards me only to be stopped by a feminine hand being placed on his shoulder in a rather aggressive hold.

"Guard the door." A high pitch yet authoritative tone rings in the room.

There is visible conflict in the man's eyes before he nods tentatively and moves aside revealing a skinny tall figure.

Her face also hidden by a similar mask as the man has on, but when I look into her eyes, I see a sense of familiarity. 'Who is this woman?'