COOKING MAKES THINGS BETTER - JEONGCHAN

SHIP: Jeongchan

PLOT: Basically, Jeongin and Chan having an indoor cooking date.

WARNINGS: I don't know if this could trigger anyone, but just in case, mentions of food and cooking.

REQUEST: @straykidsff

CHAN P.O.V.

I sighed as I looked over to Innie. It pained me to see him like this. Ever since that one kingdom performance, he hasn't quite been the same. He's always on his phone and he doesn't smile as much as he used to, I can only imagine how guilty it must feel. How could I possibly make him understand that STAYs aren't mad at him? That's it's okay and that he tried his best?

I remembered I used to be like that with my school grades, I was very strict with myself, more than my parents even. I would always put myself down if I got below 90% and now that I think of it, it's so stupid, but back then it was such a big deal.

My mom used to get worried because of this. I would stay up studying until 1 or 2 in the morning and not get the result I was expecting, resulting in anxiety attacks. Every time either my siblings or I would have a bad day, she would always cook our favorite meals, and on the days where I was studying too hard, she would always drag me out of my room and made me cook with her, because, as she used to say... 'Cooking makes things better.'

Of course! I could try cheering him up by cooking together, besides that would be fun.

Now, the second problem, what are we cooking? I remembered Innie saying something about how he liked some french dish, but I can't quite remember the name...

I need to know, but how can I ask without being suspicious?

"Innie, what did you say was your favorite dish? I can't quite remember and my mom wants to know for the next time we go over to Australia..."

"Oh, Quiche, it's a french dish..."

"Thanks, baby,"

"Mhmm," he said going back to look at his phone.

Once he told me that, I got to work, I decided that we would to a bacon one (The author's favorite). I looked up the ingredients and went to the grocery store to get all that we needed.

I got back home and saw that Innie wasn't in the living room anymore. I went to our shared room and saw him pouting, laying down on the bed while scrolling through his phone. I sat on the edge and touched his leg to get his attention. He looked up at me and raised his eyebrows.

"Baby, want to do something together?" I asked, smiling.

He shook his head.

"I'm tired, can we just cuddle and sleep or something?"

"But Innie, you've been tired for the last week... You need to get out of bed."

"If I stay in bed at least I don't make mistakes..." He whispered.

"If you don't get out of bed, you're not going to be able to get better and learn more," I said back, looking at him with expectation.

"Yeah, sure," he said, looking back at his phone.

I sighed, I was starting to get annoyed at his attitude. I took his phone away from him and put it in the pocket of my hoodie.

"Hey! Give me my phone back Channie!" He yelled sitting up.

"No, come with me to the kitchen, hear me out, and if you don't like the idea then you can come back here and I'll give you your phone back."