Episode 03

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 03

Playlist ~ Tu dolor - Luciano Pereyra

°°°°^°°°

Fernando's POV Cont'd

I almost ripped off the buttons of my shirt as I took them off, that was how furious I am after hearing my best friend blurt out unrefined words to me. I am back home to my mansion and the only thing I could do to calm down was to get into my Jacuzzi and soak myself in there for as long as I want. The music was already finding its rhythm in my heart as I squeezed my eyes shut and relaxed my body in the foamy water.

Is it really necessary for one to have a love life? Everyone wants me to be with a woman but that's not what I want. When I mean everyone that includes my mom, brother, best friend, and my business partners. They can't stop asking when I'll be getting married and that is so outrageous you know.

Why has society made the world seem as if without these things you're living an incomplete life? F*ck them all! I groan inwardly and took my mind off any thoughts that won't do me any good and let the music drown those thoughts.

***
The next morning, the first person that visited me in my office was my best friend. I shot him a cold glare as he walked in, while he rolled his eyes at me.

"Not even a good morning to your buddy?" he asked flashing me a goofy grin and I glanced away. 

"What do you want this morning? Are you here again for your relationship counseling?" I asked while my gaze was fixed on my laptop screen.

"Come off it buddy! I'm sorry about last night, I didn't mean to offend you with my words".

"Yet you did" I retorted and he shrugged at me and took a seat across the table.

"That's why I'm here to apologize. I'm sorry. I promise I won't say a word about it again".

Those words got me to gaze up at him and I sat up. "You promise?".

"Yes, except you bring it up that's only when I'll talk about it".

"You already know I'll never talk about marriage with you".

"I hope you keep to your words" he smirked at me and my brows twitched. "That's by the way, are our investors still coming today?". He was referring to the mining industry in that we are both partners.

Although his field of study was different from mine I had to involve him in my mining industry so he can make more wealth than he was doing as an attorney. At least that was the least I could offer as my best friend and brother.

"Yes, our meeting is scheduled for noon today. Why, won't you be present at the meeting?".

"Well....if you'll cover up for me I'll love to take my wife and my kids to visit her parents at Avila.. They've been nagging all along that they haven't seen their grandchild".

"That's the drama that comes with being married you know" I scoffed and he frowns at my comment. "Sorry, just kidding. You can have three days off so you can spend time with your in-laws. I'm sure you wouldn't want to go and come back the same day, they'll crucify you if you do" I joked and he laughed.

"Hell yeah! Thanks for always being there for me".

"I told you to stop thanking me when I do things for you" I groaned.

"You can only tell me but you can't stop me" he winked at me and relaxed his back on the chair.

"So, how's your client's case going?".