Episode 05

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 05

(***Hi reader! Kindly drop your playlist for this episode, thank you!***)

*A few Days Later*

Fernando's POV

Hanging out with my buddy Antonio has become part of me that I find it difficult to hang out alone when he's not around. Not that I don't have male friends but I trust Antonio more than anyone else, I just don't want history to repeat itself. 

Instead of going out alone, I decided to stay indoors and chill with myself. Speaking of Antonio, he was meant to be back yesterday but I doubt if he was back because if he was, he would have given me a call.

My stomach grumbles reminding me I needed to eat something. Glancing at the time, is past 1 pm and I've not had breakfast and that's because I woke up late. I was up all through the night working out some paperwork for the new hotel branch I intend to open in the city of Valencia in Spain where my mom lives.

I rose and went to the dining room to see what my male chef had prepared for me. Different kinds of delicacies greeted me on the table like I was expecting some guests to join me for lunch.

I took a seat and dished out the portion of the meal I could finish up. While I was having my meal, the doorbell rang and I gazed up at the CCTV footage to see who it was. My eyes blazed like touches on the screen.

I dropped my fork on the plate and picked up the remote control for the door and pressed a button, and it swung open. Not waiting for another second, I stood up and made my way out of the dining room to go receive my guests.

"Antonio!" I exclaimed and my two years old godson came running towards me. I opened my arms wide to receive him and when he got to me, I lift him and carried him in my arms.

"Fernando, it's good to see you" his wife greeted and hugged me briefly. She was carrying my goddaughter in her arms; the baby looks so adorable and at that instant, something in me felt like it was my child I was looking at.

"Hey buddy, I decided to give you a surprise visit with my family" Antonio laughed interrupting my thoughts. I chuckled and immediately erased the stupid thought that was crawling its way into my mind.

"I love surprises like this one. Your wife and kids are welcome but you're not" I joked and we all laughed. "You guys should join me in the dining room, I was having my lunch before I heard the doorbell".

I walked them to the dining room and when we arrived, "Wow, you have so much on the table, were you expecting someone?" Antonio's wife inquired and I snorted.

"Right question" my buddy agreed and took a seat next to where I'd sat down earlier. I tittered and gestured for Barbara to sit while I took a sit as well with little Antonio on my lap.

"Not at all, that's how my chef always prepares my meals. He feels I'm too picky so he ends up preparing different meals so that I can get to choose my desired meal" I explained.

"That's the best thing to do if I were him" my buddy replied and we guffaw.

My gaze fell on my goddaughter again. "By the way, your baby looks so adorable, she's as beautiful as you are," I said and a cheeky smile spread on Barbara's face.

"Thank you" she replied.

"Are you sure she looks like her mom or me?" my buddy asks and I groaned with an eye roll. "What?" he shrugged with open arms.