Episode 09

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 09

~Playlist for this chapter is 'James Arthur - Impossible' do enjoy 😉~

Micaela's POV

I was still baffled to see Fernando Perez right in front of me. What was he doing here? The last time I saw him was on our graduation day, and ever since I've only seen him either on the news or on his social media page. He is a wealthy and famous guy, so the media was always on his case.

Permit to say he is prince charming. Gosh, how can one man be this handsome? Everything about him is just so perfect!

And oh, the way he played a role of a jerk to my friend Sabrina a few minutes ago was quite amusing. I don't know him to be such a person back then, he has always been a cool guy.

Walking side by side with him now awakens something in me. Don't ask me what it is, I'll tell you later. Right now I needed to know why he wants to see me because the last time I checked we weren't talking to each other nor were we friends.

"Where are we going?" his voice snaps me out of my deep thoughts and I squint.

After we had come out of the club, I was taking him to a rooftop where I always go if I want to have a quiet moment and also have a better view of the stars. I believe we can have a conversation there without anyone bothering us. He wanted to talk to me, I don't know what was on his mind, but I hope that is not what I'm thinking.

"We are going to somewhere more of serenity than the club" I replied. The 24-story building is just a block away, we'll get there in no time. Or maybe he's bored of my silence and can't wait to get over this conversation with me and leave afterward.

"Do you speak the Korean language?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yes, I do, schooling and living in this country requires one to know this language if not you will miss out on many opportunities" I replied smiling. Maybe he does want to talk to me after all.

"Interesting. I thought about it when I arrived, I knew it's going to be mandatory to learn their original language".

"We are here" I announced as we got in front of the building.

"Where is this?" he asked gazing up to the last floor.

"This is the company I was working with when I came here. I use to be the secretary of my boss but with time he made me his PA because he was always seeking my advice".

"Oh, that's nice. You used the term 'was', are you no longer working here?".

"No. I stopped working here a year and a half ago when he knew I'm a writer. He introduced me to one of his friends that has a book publishing industry. I began working with them as an editor. It was there I sharpened my writing skills and was able to publish my books in hardcopy while my friend JB publishes my e-books on Amazon. But the fact I stopped working here doesn't mean my relationship with everyone here ended. I still come around and help out at times".

"Wow, quite amazing. By the way, you're a great writer" he commended and a huge smile spread on my face.

"Thank you. But how did you know that?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I read your book" his reply came almost immediately that asked the question. A cold breeze hit my exposed arms and sweat made its way to my forehead and my body froze. "So, what are we coming here to do since it's a company?" he asked not noticing how pale I looked now.

"Uhmm... there's a rooftop we can sit and talk" I replied nervously.

"Oh, fantastic, let's head there now," he said and gestured for me to take the lead and I nodded and walked into the building with wobbling legs.