059. the order of the phoenix

H I R A E T H

lix||the order of the phoenix

"Will you marry me?"

"Hmmm. . .No."

James glares at Sirius and Maria and Regulus smile together as James gets up off his knee. James had finally bought a ring and is building up the courage to ask Lily. Maria has yet to tell James the other marauders about what had actually happened to her, but they don't pester her about it.

Maria is sat on the sofa of the Potter living room, her legs across Regulus' as he keeps his arm security around her waist, Mari leaning into his side as he does. Sirius has a mischievous smirk on his face as James shoved him.

"You aren't helping." James grumbles, falling onto the armchair near the flames of the fire.

"What if it all goes sideways?" Sirius raises his eyebrows making Marlene, who had just entered with a glass of red wine in her hand, throw a cushion at him. "I'm just saying!"

"She's obviously going to say yes." Peter shrugs as him and Remus also stroll into the lounge of the large manor.

"Just make it romantic." Remus reminds him.

"But not too romantic because that will make her freaked out—because since when are you romantic?" Sirius says and James looks at him in offence.

"I am romantic!"

"Yeah. . ."

"Don't you have homework?" James groans to his sister after her comment and Maria rolls her eyes, resting her forehead on Regulus' jaw. They've been being sent homework and essays by Minerva and updates on the latest gossip from Alyssa and Stanley considering Maria didn't feel like going back to the boarding school for magic yet. And that Regulus had refused to leave her side since it happened.

"I'm sure she'll say yes." Regulus says, kissing the side of Maria's head softly and James points at the Black.

"Thank you—somebody has faith in the James Fleamont Potter—hey, you know what?" James says, looking around at them. "I don't need your encouragement, I'm a Potter." He pops his collar with a small smirk. "I can get any woman in the world—including an incredibly headstrong and stubborn one like Lily Evans."

"That's the spirit!" Marlene cheers, holding her glass in his direction before taking a large swig.

"Oh my god!" Mary squeals, running in with a letter clutched in her hands. "Alyce and Frank are getting married!"

"Really?"

"That's amazing!"

"For fuck sake." James groans and they all look at him. "At this rate, me and Evans will get married when we're eighty five."