Ch.17 The coffin

~Y/n pov~

"Let me out of here!"

Keiji was yelling from inside the coffin.

This went on for a few moments before he fell silent when he realised yelling was futile.

I shuffled uncomfortably. It was completely silent.

Joemama69(; had a creepy look on his face as always.

I felt a warm hand engulf mine and a thumb rubbing my knuckles to calm me down.

Shin smiled slightly at me.

I smiled back feeling slightly more relaxed.

"Sheesh, so you finally settled down." Joemama69(; said to Keiji, "He must be awfully scared of his execution...Haha."

I noticed Sara's scared expression.

"Are you going to try stop it?" I ask raising an eyebrow at her, "You've been unsuccessful in stopping any of the other executions."

She frowned, "I know dammit. But... we can do this."

"We?"

She smiled at me, "Yeah, we're a team."

She though of me as part of the team? Even though I'm a horrible person?

My heart ached.

"If only the dummies had assisted... surely we wouldn't be in this situation." Alice commented.

"It's not our fault." Hinako replied.

Joemama69(; laughed, "Ahaha.. so much for your show of getting along with the dummies."

"Let Keiji out of that coffin!" Sara yelled angrily.

"I told you.... there's only one way to save him." He pulled out a consent form, "Just sign this and I'll tell you."

I decided to be helpful for once. If Sara though I was part of the team... shouldn't I act like it?

"Sara, don't trust him. You have no idea what you're agreeing to so don't sign it no matter what." I told her.

She looked shocked I was helping her for a second before shooting me a grateful smile.

"Well... do what you want but... the coffin's execution time is already full ticking down." Joemama69(; smiled that creepy smile of his, "By the time this sand has fallen... he'll get torched."

He placed an hourglass next to the coffin.

"You'll be smelling a delicious Keiji steak."

"St-stop it!" Sara cried.

"Then, sign the contract..."

"No, don't." Ranmaru stated, "I agree with Y/n... we'll find another way to save him so don't worry."

Joemama69(; smirked, "Very well then."

He then left the room.

Sara nodded and walked over to the coffin, "Keiji, are you okay?"

"It's dark and cramped." He replied, "You know... I might've thought of a way to open this coffin."

"Huh?" Sara asked.

"I think I know what he's getting at." I told her.

Shin nodded his head, "Yeah, the room with all the monitors. There's bound to be some sort of controls in there that could be useful."

"Okay... we'll head there." Sara said with a look of determination.

~*~