48

Alice Avery

The morning after always sucks. Whether it's the morning after a party, a concert, a date, the morning after is something you are always desperate to get over with.

I've been awake for at least an hour trying to figure out a way out of this house undetected. Brooks' back was facing mr which I've thanked God for. My clothes or, Brooks clothes that I had stolen, are missing. I was afraid to move, I don't at all want to speak with him right now. Last night was the most chaotic night of my life and I made it even more chaotic but sleeping with someone I consider a stranger.

I held my breath as I slowly sat up from the bed, I looked over to Brooks who was sound asleep. I searched the bedroom floor for something decent I could wear ad discovered the clothes from last night. I wearily began to stand from the bed while keeping a close eye on Brooks. I tip-toed over to the pile of clothes and quickly put them back on my body. My phone and wallet were downstairs where I left them, I reached for the door and closed my eyes as I turned the handle and snuck out. I silently shut the door behind me and quietly made my way down the staircase.

"Walk of shame?" A voice called out to me and I turned to be faced with Reed.

"You scared the fuck out of me!" I scolded him in a whisper and walked over to grab my phone and wallet. "You won't tell anyone will you?"

"My lips are sealed," he promised. "You need a ride somewhere?"

I hesitated, "are you sure?"

He pulled his keys from his pocket. "You don't want Brooks waking up and hunting you down, do you?"

I responded by slipping my shoes on and walking out the front doors with Reed behind me. "How did you know it was Brooks?"

"I may be old, Alice, but I'm not blind."

We reached the car and climbed in once he unlocked the doors. "You aren't old."

"I have back problems, that classifies me as old."

I laughed as he started the car, "do you know where you're going?"

"Yes ma'am."

I sighed. "Vince knows where I am 24/7, am I wrong?"

The gates opened up for us and he drove through. "You're not not wrong."

I left the conversation behind and admired that clear sky that Chicago had been blessed with. I was elated to go home, I wasn't exactly homesick but I didn't want to be in Chicago any longer. This small trip made me realize that Las Vegas truly was my home, and the people there were too.

The ride only lasted several minutes as Reed had already pulled in the hotel parkin lot. "Do you need a ride to the airport too?" He asked and put the car in park.

"Do you mind waiting for me to pack?"

"Not at all." Reed answered and I smiled at him for how kind he was being to me.

Once I got up to my room I changed into a fresh pair of clothes, brushed my teeth and hair and began packing up my things. I hadn't brought much therefore I was done faster than expected. I checked the room one last time to ensure I had everything. I was ready to walk out, then my phone rang.

I expected the call from Brooks but déjà vu hit me when Ricky's name popped up on my phone. I was unsure whether to answer it or not, I was still curious about what he was going to say yesterday when he called. I hovered my thumb over the accept button and closed my eyes as I pushed it and brought the phone up to my ear.

"Hey," I spoke with an uneasy tone.

"You answered." He stated with a hint of shock. "Didn't think you would."

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, I sounded more miserable than I actually was.

"No," he said, "nothing's wrong."

An encouraged silence took over the line. I could hear his slow breathing, I could picture his movements inside my head.

"Are you coming back today?"

"Yeah, I just finished packing my things."
I answered, the casual conversation wasn't something Ricky and I usually participated in.

"I miss you."

"Ricky-"

"I do, I want to be with you."

I sighed out, I did it anyways knowing he'd hear it. "I have to go, I can't miss my flight."

"Come by my place." He said quickly before I could hang up. "Just—just come by my place. I know you don't want to and maybe you shouldn't but just come see me, please?"

"Fine, okay. I'll call you." I told him and hung up the phone.

I grabbed my things and walked out the door. After I checked out at the front desk I made my way back over to Reed's car. I was glad that Ricky called, that I answered, that we spoke, that he missed me. I refused to even consider the feeling of missing him, I could handle that as the moment. I was so confused with how I felt about him, it was something that I needed figure out and I knew that it would be hard task.

Reed and I headed for the airport and made small talk along the way, asked me if I would be coming back, what my plans were when I got back to Las Vegas, how I was feeling after last night. It felt good to be cared about, I further realized that I took other people's care for granted; Razzle, Mandy, Theo, Ricky.

Soon enough Reed pulled into the airport and parked out front. "I'll see you soon, yeah?"

"Maybe," I said as I stepped onto the pavement. "I'll surprise you."

He smiled. "Take care, I'll see you."

When boarding my flight I was nothing but anxious to get home. I've never needed much in my life but right I needed to go home.

THREE HOURS LATER

The air felt different and I did too. When walking out the airport doors I spotted Razzle in the distance, leaning against his car. If there was anyone I wanted to see, it was him. Despite wondering how he knew I'd be here, I made my way over.

"You miss me, huh?" I greeted sarcastically and opened my arms up to him.

"Of course I did." He said and brought me into a warm hug. "I'm glad you're back."

"Me too," I replied pulling away. "Ricky told you to get me didn't he?"

He hummed, "you know the answer to that."

"Yeah. I'm supposed to go see him."

"Do you want to?" The question threw me off.

"I think so, yeah. I'm just stressed I think."

He just nodded, his eyes suddenly caught my bruised  neck and the faint formed scar on my forehead. "What the fuck happened to you, Alice?" His voice filled with aggression that I know wasn't intended for me, but for whoever did it to me.

I took a deep breath then sighed, "it's a long fucking story." I walked over to the passenger seat and climbed in.

Razzle got in beside me. "I want that story sooner or later."

He started the car and I looked at him. "I'll tell you, I will."

"Am I taking you to Theo or to Ricky's place?" He asked as he pulled onto the main road.

"Yours. I cant see either of them
without getting some shit off my chest
so, your place."

I saw him nod from the corner of my eye. "Okay," he said softly.

A/N
For my Taylor Swift fans, how excited are we for 'Red (Taylor's Version)'
Im stoked but why do we have to wait until November😐