30: 𝘪 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 ★

After the movie, which Elvi fell asleep during, I take the sleeping girl back to the bedroom. 

Laying her softly on the white sheets, draping the blanket over her small body, and switching off the light, I head to the kitchen. 

Lennox and Atticus sit at the table, both scrolling through their phones. "Hey, loser," Lennox welcomes as I walk by him. 

Taking a chair, I turn it around and sit in it backward, the back of it to my front. "Hey, Zion-fucker," I smugly reply. 

Atticus laughs loudly, smacking Lennox on the arm as he does. 

"Fuck off." He looks at me and glares before looking back at the laughing boy. "Get off me you whore," he demands, grabbing Atticus' arms and pushing him away. 

Atticus sits back in his seat, his hands up in surrender. "Is he wrong though, Lenny?" He questions, teasing more. 

"I'm not having sex with Zion and I definitely won't anytime in the future," Lennox defends, crossing his arms like a toddler. 

Atticus grins at him, leaning his head onto his hands. "Denial is the first stage, sweetie," he says. 

Lennox only rolls his eyes in response. 

I take my phone out of my pocket, looking for a nice restaurant to bring Elvi to since our morning got ruined. I make sure to text Elvi's dad to have people there, once I find a place. 

 "Where's shortcake?" He asks after a few minutes of silence. 

"Taking a nap," I answer, placing my phone back in my pocket. 

Atticus shakes his head in disbelief. "That girl sleeps a lot."

Lennox hums in agreement, looking at the rings on his fingers. 

"Wh-what girl?" A soft voice asks, making all three of our heads snap up to the angel. 

She looks as adorable and beautiful as always as she rubs her droopy eyes with her fist. Her new stuffed animal is in her other hand, her hair a tangled, frizzy mess. 

"You, flower," Atticus answers her question, smiling at her softly. 

"O-oh! Naps are g-great," she informs, yawning after. 

I stand up, walking towards her, and opening my arms. She's quick to wrap her own around my waist, pressing her cheek onto my chest. 

"So warm," she mumbles, closing her eyes slowly. 

I pat her head, making sure she doesn't fall asleep while she's standing. "Let's go fix your hair, darling," I say, pulling her away from my chest. 

She groans but lets me take her hand and lead her to the bathroom. "We're going out!" Atticus yells, me yelling an 'okay' in response. 

I grab her purple brush from the bathroom counter, standing her sleepy self in front of me, facing the mirror. She places Pascal on the counter, telling him to stay. 

As I brush her long hair, we make eye contact in the mirror, a wide smile taking over her face. My face mirrors hers, leaning down I give her a kiss on the cheek. 

"You're so b-beautiful, Alek," she says shyly when I pull away. 

"Thank you, baby." I turn her around, caging her in by my arms. I lean down, capturing her lips in a slow kiss. 

Wrapping my arms under her thighs, I pick her up and sit her on the counter while her hands trail over my chest. "Can y-you touch me, please?" She asks sweetly when I pull away from the kiss.