Chapter Four

I groaned softly as a painful pounding sensation spread throughout my head. 

God, that hurt...

I moved a little, causing the strong scent of male cologne to invade my nostrils, and strangely I found myself taking in a deeper breath. It smelt good. 

And I mean, really fucking good.

Still in the process of trying to figure out what on earth had happened, I felt something unmistakably shift underneath me, followed by a low groan.

Oh fuck, I'm on top of someone.

Pulled back into the present, I realized my head was pressed against someone's neck, their rapid pulse just about detectable against my skin. Around that same sort of time, I noticed two hands were placed loosely around my midriff - the feel of them creating a strange kind of burn underneath my skin. 

Another low sound emitted from underneath me before the hands moved lower down my back - stopping at a position dangerously close to my arse. 

Okay, this was getting weird...

I quickly put my hands on his chest and pushed myself up into a seated position, my legs still straddled either side of him. The moment I looked down, I froze - the music and voices all around me seeming to fade away. 

 Two luminous green eyes studied me with a piercing curiosity, and soon the rest of him came into focus. The masculine jawline; the rich brown skin, his full lips. It was the very guy I had been gawking at only seconds before: it was Nathan Woods.

I blinked down at him in shock, a thousand different thoughts running through my mind.

I mean, at least I landed on someone hot...

Suddenly whatever weird connection that was happening between my brown eyes and his were lost. His eyes flickered with a feverish kind of anger all over my face. 

Rather sharply, he pushed his hands on the floor to sit up, causing his body to shift underneath me. With our faces now completely aligned, he glared at me, his eyes racked with disdain.

 "You're so clumsy! Look what you did," he accused, his eyes still working over mine with perpetual irritation.

 Leaning back in shock, I found myself at a loss for words. Those warm, dazing feelings he had been stirring up inside me mere moments ago faded away into nothing like they were never there at all.

 I mean, could you blame me? He had confirmed himself as a complete and utter dickhead.

I let out an incredulous scoff, my eyes narrowing into crinkled slits. 

"You're calling me clumsy," I spat out in a bitter laugh. "That's rich, coming from the moron who grabbed my waist and pulled me down with him," I huffed. 

Still propped up on his elbow, Nathan lifted one of his perfect eyebrows, a mocking little smile appearing on his face.

 "Oh, you think that was an accident?" he jeered. "Sweetie, I wanted you to fall down," he whispered condescendingly.

 My blood boiled with rage, and every nerve in my body was screaming at me to wrap my arms around his neck and wring, and wring, and wring. 

Calming myself down a little, I sat a little straighter up on his lap and drilled my eyes back into his to gain back my confidence. 

I tilted my head a little. "Aww, why? Has Nathy-wathy not been laid in that long that he has to forcefully push girls onto him," I taunted with a condescending little pout.