chapter 4- fancy her

wilbur's pov

"can you make this quick, tommy? i ask, rubbing my eyes. "i'm exhausted. i barely got any sleep last night-"

"how did we do?" tommy cuts me off.

"uh, come again?"

"tubbo and me! how did we do?"

"during practice? great, great. i think we really have a chance tomor-"

"NO! our tactical leaving and giving you and aubrey some alone time!" somehow, i can tell tommy is wiggling his eyebrows and smirking. "wasn't that smooth? i bet aubrey didn't even notice! we're like james bond but BETTER!"

i sigh. of course their synchronized ditching the call was intentional.

"what was your purpose in... ditching us?" i question, rubbing my temples.

"isn't it obvious? you clearly fancy her, we were just giving you some time on your own to speak to her one on one."

"FANCY HER?" i chortle and shake my head. "tommy, i hardly KNOW the girl! how could i FANCY her?"

"you thought she was pretty," tommy points out.

"just because i think someone is pretty doesn't mean i am in love with them!"

"do you think nihachu is pretty?"

"i- what does niki have to do with this?"

"nevermind. she's besides the point. just admit that you've SOMEWHAT taking a liking to aubrey."

"romantically? no."

"liar."

"i didn't say she wasn't a cool person. she seems very nice. and yes, she is pretty. but no, i do not have romantic feelings towards her."

"that will change soon..." tommy hums in a sing-song voice. i roll my eyes.

"why would you assume that?" i ask with a grunt.

"i'm tommyinnit. the wife haver, the big man as aubrey called me, the smartest man alive. i know these things." i scoff.

"i'm just waiting until the day some lady sweeps you off of your feet and i get to poke fun at you." i absentmindedly start playing with the sleeve of my sweater and smile at the thought of tommy being in love.

"keep dreaming, wilbur."

"i'm serious! don't you want to be on love or host when you turn eighteen? what if your soulmate is on the show with you?" now it's tommy's turn to scoff.

"i can only hope and pray i meet my soulmate on austin's twitch show," tommy says sarcastically. i burst out laughing.

"i bet you will."

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

aubrey's pov

the next afternoon, i pace around my room in thought. mcc is at 8 pm for us people in the uk, so i have a lot of time to kill.

i think about what to do with myself, until i see my pc light up with a notification.

one new discord message.

i raise an eyebrow as i open discord to see who messaged me.

WilburSoot: good afternoon aubrey! i hope you slept well last night :) do you want to practice for mcc a little bit? i'm still a bit rusty with ace race and i was hoping you could accompany me.