43

"What did she do?" I asked, raising my brows at Izzy. She smiled, "She slapped the boy so hard that he fell on the ground."

Izzy was telling me about what happened today at her school. Apparently, some guy got beaten up by a girl who he bullied or something like that. We were sitting in the living room.

"The boy started crying like a big baby and every one laughed at him." She continued, laughing.

"What are you guys talking about?" A familiar voice asked, making me sigh. Izzy giggled before replying, "Lea was telling me how she finds you beautiful." My eyes widened as I glare at Izzy.

"She was?" Enzo asked, smirking.

"She's lying" I stated making Izzy laugh, "I am not lying."

"I—" Enzo was cut off by the sound of footsteps and someone screaming.

"Boss!!" The man entered the living room, sweats running down his forehead. He was breathing heavily which meant that he was running.

"Go play with Freddy." I whispered to Izzy who nodded and left instantly.

"What happened?" Enzo asked, staring at the man. The man took a deep breath before walking towards Enzo. He handed him an envelope which Enzo instantly opened.

His jaw clenched when he read whatever was inside the envelope. "Bring Me my laptop." He ordered the man who nodded and walked away.

Seconds later, he came back holding Enzo's laptop. Enzo removed a pendrive from the Envelope and inserted it in his laptop before playing the video found on it.

My eyes widened when I saw Blake tied to a chair, next to him was Marissa. What the fuck was going on?

"Well well well…" A voice started, in the video making me suck in a breath. I would recognize that voice anywhere— It was Vladimir.

He kidnapped Blake and Marissa.

"The great Enzo De Luca..." Vladimir said with a smirk. "How does it feel knowing that your brother and his new girlfriend are in my captivity? How does it feel knowing that they'll die soon? My men find your brother's girlfriend hot. They want a taste of her...should I let them? Like I did with little Lily?"

Enzo clenched his fist so hard that his knuckles were turning white. I couldn't resist the urge to hold his hands in mine, calming him down so I did. My actions shocked him at first but he calmed down slowly.

"Anyway,  if you want your brother and his little girlfriend alive, I want two things from you. The Deadly and a three million dollars in cash. You have an hour. Deliver the Assassin and the cash or your brother's and his girlfriend's dead bodies will be delivered to you."  Vladimir said in the video making Enzo stiffen at his words.

Then the video ended and Enzo grabbed the laptop before throwing it away, making it collide with the wall. It fell on the ground and smashed into pieces.

"It's alright...we'll get him." I said reassuringly. "I'll find out where this video was recorded and then we can go get your brother and Marissa back."

"Nothing's gonna be alright!" He snapped, making me take a step backwards unconsciously. He noticed and sighed, "sorry...I didn't mean to scare you."

"You didn't scare me." I stated, "I'm going to find out where he Is."

He shook his head, "It's useless! Even if I knew where he was, I'd never have enough time to find the assassin he wants."

"Would you just risk the life of whoever that assassin is…just like that?" I asked, shocked at his words. "You would really give away that assassin to that Monster?"

"Of course not. Vladimir started this. I'm gonna end this Today Itself." He hissed. "Make sure Bianca is in the Main House. Tell everyone to be there,I'm coming." He ordered the man who came to give him the letter. The man nodded and left instantly.

I knew exactly what he was gonna do. He was going to trick Vladimir by making him believe that Biance was the Deadly.

It was stupid. So god damn stupid of him.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked, even though I already knew. I wanted to hear it from him to confirm my answer.

He then turned to me, "I'm going to take Vladimir down once and for all."
I knew it.

"I'll come with you." I stated making him shook his head, "No. I can't risk anything happening to you, love."

"I was sent here to help you." I replied firmly, "That's the only reason why I came here;  to provide you with my help."

Yeah and you didn't only help him. Did you? My subconscious mocked to which I sighed.

"But that's an extremely dangerous mission. A lot of us are going to die- maybe even me. I can't have anything happen to you. So, you're staying here. I'm going to call Sean and tell him to get his people ready."

"Enzo Fucking De Luca." I clenched my jaw in anger. I've spent four years of my life, training, getting myself better and stronger for this day;  for the day when we would take down Vladimir Molotov for good. And here? He was telling me to stay here and let him go on the battle field alone? No fucking way.  "I'm coming with you whether you like it or not." I stated seriously making him groan.

"Try and understand for fuck's sake! I don't want anything to happen to you. This isn't your Fight. It's mine. Vladimir is the most dangerous man I know and he wants me and everyone I care about dead. He won't hesitate to put a bullet through your skull. Don't come with me, it migh cost you your life."

"You really wanna fight with me over this? I'm coming- End of the fucking discussion!" I deadpanned making him sigh helplessly. He ran a hand through his hairs before staring at me right in the eyes.

"Remember I told you that I would do anything for the ones I care about?" He asked to which I nodded. I remembered clearly.

"I care about you." He admitted, "More than I should."

"I care about you too" I found myself admitting. He smiled sadly for I don't know what reason. "But why are you telling me that?" I asked, tilting my head a bit to the side. He was going to do something which I wasn't going to like; I was sure of it.

"Mi dispiace amore. Ma è per il tuo bene." He whispered.

"Wh—" I was cut off by something being injected in my neck. My eyes widened when I realized what was happening.

Enzo's eyes were filled with guilt as he watched me lose consciousness slowly. He caught me before I could fall on the ground and placed me gently on the couch.

"Sorry" He placed a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"What did you do…" I asked weakly, My conscious slipping with every passing second. "It's for your own good. You'll be safer here than with me."

"I want my reven…" before I could finish my sentence, everything went black.

➷➷➷➷➷