sequel: chapter forty-three

Brynn's POV

"Juni, why are you crying?" Jax's soft voice asks as I stalked down the hallway carrying baby Leighton.

He's around six months old now and let me tell you this little boy cannot shut his trap.

I don't mind, Sol cried a lot but Leighton is beating her record. How long did he cry last night? 4 hours straight because his nose was stuffed.

"Juni, I don't know what's going on but just know that I'll always be here to listen to you. I promise I won't get angry." I walked into Journey's room.

Jax held our oldest daughter in his lap while she buried her face in his neck, tears running down her flushed cheeks.

Bodhi stands next to her tapping his foot while both of his fists were attached to his hip like Issac when he's scowling at the triplets for writing on the mirrors with lipstick that I accidentally gave them.

Sol is sitting against the small bookshelf, her hands covering her mouth like she's stopping herself from saying something.

Jax looks up at me as I walked in, his eyes pleading for help. His eyes then trailed onto our six-month-old son, smiling.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked sitting down next to Jax. I put Leighton against my body, as he thrashed around trying to get out of my hold.

Jokes on you buddy, you're staying put.

"You guys will get angry." She whispers.

"Baby, what did we tell you? We'll never get angry with you, that is an emotion that we don't bring here." I held her cute little hand, squeezing it a little. "Since when have mommy and daddy gotten mad at you?"

I genuinely cannot remember a time where we've yelled or got angry at the kids. We discipline them, but we don't yell.

Yelling is too much work.

That, and there's no point in getting angry. If you yell at the kids, they'll continue to do it because they're little assholes. Instead, Jax and I have always sat them down together so we can discuss the situation and explain to them the good and bad of that situation.

"I didn't say you were gonna get mad at me." She sasses while crying.

Jax and I looked at each other, then we looked at Sol. I raised my brow, staring into her blue eyes.

Her eyes widen, as she shakes her head covering her mouth. "Juni, you have to tell them or I will."

"Kaeden broke up with me." Journey pouts, crying again.

"Again?" I whispered, my eyes widening. Jax looks between Journey and I, then over at Sol and then Bodhi.

"Again? I didn't know you had a boyfriend, to begin with." Jax mutters. "I thought you tell me everything!" He exclaims punching my arm lightly.

"You should've joined our family talks in the bathroom." I shrugged.

Sometimes, the gossiping happens in the bathroom during our showers.

We just all huddle in a group on the bathroom floor when we're done and talk.

"Family talks? I feel left out." He frowns. "We can discuss these family talks later, who is this Kaeden kid? How many times did you break up?"

"Five."

"Five? I thought we were on two?" Sol exclaims coming closer to us to embrace her sister in a hug.

"We broke up three times this week. He kept giving my book to Casie Kallahan." She wraps her arms, holding them to her chest.

"What book?" I asked knowing how serious she could get with her books.