Chapter Seventeen - Dane

Hi my loves! Just wanted to let you know that I'm going to change the format slightly! I am going to put the main POV name by the chapter and add a * by the smut chapters so I don't have to put in a warning, because let's face it, there's going to be a lot of smut. This will make it easier on re-readers going back to find a specific POV or part of the story ;)

Dane ~

I sent a car to pick Kinsley up instead of picking her up myself. She seemed uneasy and embarrassed when I dropped her off that morning and I could see why. Her apartment complex was tattered and run down, but that didn't bother me at all. What did bother me was how dangerous it was that she was living there by herself. It wasn't a safe neighborhood and there was absolutely no security at her complex, not even a gate. Thankfully she lived on the third floor, but it was difficult for me to leave her there.

I sat at the restaurant checking my watch over and over, shifting my gaze from the front doors back down to my watch, then to my phone.

My body was thirsting for her in a way I'd never experienced, making me anxious and jittery as I counted the minutes.

As if I'd wished her into existence, I saw Kinsley's petite body wrapped in a red dress just as I'd requested. The dress accentuated her small waist and delicious curves perfectly and my mouth watered as soon as she stepped into my view.

I chose a table at the back of the restaurant, wanting to show her off as she entered, but also wanting to test her confidence that Tyson and I were trying to build. It was obvious that she felt like a second class citizen in our circles and I fucking hated that. I wanted that whole damn restaurant to watch her walk by, and I wanted everyone there to know she was with me.

She didn't see me as her eyes danced around the restaurant, so I stood making my presence known from across the room.

As soon as her bright eyes met mine she graced me with a gorgeous smile and locked onto my gaze, making her way across the room without noticing the wandering eyes and turning heads that followed her. She didn't see them, she only saw me which was exactly what I wanted. I wanted every groveling asskisser that had tried to engage me in conversation at that restaurant to understand that Kinsley was a goddess - that if Tyson and I were to be feared and respected...so was she.

"You look incredible." I said, pulling Kinsley against my chest as I planted a kiss on her perfect lips. I felt her drape her arms across my neck and lean into my public display of affection, loving that she felt confident in my arms.

"Thank you" she said with a smile against my lips.

My ears perked as I heard whispers from a few of the snobby restaurant patrons who loved nothing more than to gossip about my family.

I had never dated or shown this level of affection to a woman before but I wasn't about to hide Kinsley. She was ours and everyone needed to know it.

Go ahead and talk. Spread the word that she's with us and she's not to be messed with.

I helped Kinsley into the booth and took a seat across from her, unable to take my eyes off of her.

"How was your day?" I asked, signaling the waiter to bring the drinks I had already ordered.

"Good. Exciting." She said as she swallowed hard with a slight blush on her cheeks.

Yeah, Tyson told me all about your exciting day and what a good girl you were.

"Tell me about it." I encouraged her with a knowing grin. 

Her blush crept down her neck and splashed across her chest which meant Tyson did our girl justice which only made my grin grow wider.