𝟮𝟭 art of bickering banter

𝟮𝟭art of bickering banter

𝟮𝟭
art of bickering banter

𝟮𝟭art of bickering banter

          By the time their food had arrived, JJ had learned that Trinity's favorite color was blue, her favorite animal was a dolphin, and that her favorite thing to do was get lost in the wondrous world of a fictional book.

He learned that her favorite movie was Ten Things I Hate About You, and that her favorite song was Hey Jude by the Beatles, and that her favorite TV show was New Girl

It boggled JJ how basic Trinity's tastes were and he couldn't help but call her out on it.

"All of the things I like are popular for a reason!" She protested after chewing down some of the BBQ chicken saimin she'd ordered. "Don't just call my taste bland because it's mainstream."

"But it's laaaameeee." JJ argued back, digging into his own chicken katsu dish. "Common, Trin, you read a lot, right? So at least in your books you're exposed to a lot of different things! How come you don't have more varied tastes! You know, I already know the answer too— it's 'cause you love dwelling in the realm of comfort."

"So you're relating mainstream to comfort?"

"That's exactly what I'm doing." JJ nodded.

"I mean, I see that, I guess—"

"No, but, like, dolphins? Okay, yeah, they're smart and cute– whatever. But why would your favorite animal be a freakin' dolphin when things like bush vipers exist."

"Okay, not everyone has a creepy thing for snakes like you do." Trinity screwed up her face in distaste. "And you know what, if I'm being entirely honest? I'd rather swim with sharks than swim with dolphins."

"That's still basic."

"Shut up, JJ!"

"But it's ballsy, I'll give you that. I don't think I could swim with sharks."