𝟛𝟜 - 𝔻𝕖𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘

The rest of March and April blurred into one, and soon everyone was prepping for end of year exams

The rest of March and April blurred into one, and soon everyone was prepping for end of year exams. Things had been much brighter for Ophelia over these two months, even with the looming prospect of having to face the Montgomery's hanging over her. But with the presence of her Hogwarts family, life was made easier.

It was a warm day in the month of May, very little breeze filled the air that seemed occupied only by the sun. Minerva McGonagall had her arched window open ajar, enjoying the sounds of young birds singing as they passed by.

With the exams fast approaching, workload had increased for the lady but she enjoyed the challenge. To Minerva these extra hours of work she put in were important but also natural. Albus Dumbledore once described her as a candle; the lady would consume herself like the wax of candle in order to light the way for her students. All Minerva ever desires is for her students to succeed and reach the point where they no longer needed her; that would be her greatest triumph.

At some point that morning, her work was disturbed. Three gentle knocks on the wooden door were enough for her to know who the caller was.

"Come in Ophelia." The door creaked open.

"How do you know it's me each time?" Ophelia spoke happily, every time she was with the older lady she felt relaxed.

"Simply because you always knock the same." Minerva turned away from the desk she sat and pulled her glasses from the bridge of her nose. "How are you, dear?"

"If you're referring to my little blip back in January, that was three months ago, I'm doing amazing." Ophelia walked over to the biscuit jar, that always sat on the Professor's desk, and helped herself to a few before sitting down in an armchair near the fireplace. The raised eyebrow look from Minnie though told Ophelia this was no joking matter. "I'm doing ok Minnie, honestly. I sleep really well for starters, I have the odd bad night but its not every night."

"And what about the court case."

"I-I think I'm going to be ok. It is partly why I am here though. I need your advice."

"I'm listening."

"Yesterday I received a letter from Miss Mills."

"And what did she need this time, hm?" Over time, Minnie had made it clear that she disliked the woman very much.

"She wanted to see if I would return to work over the summer. There is an opportunity for me to work on a live, televised adaption of Heathers." Ophelia explained. Over the past few months Ophelia had noticed as well that often the only times she heard from Miss Mills would be when the lady needed something. However, this time Ophelia truly was interested. "I would like to do it."