Chapter 18 || I Left A Million Dollars In The-

"Hey! Today is National Kindness Day, so take a flyer and spread the love! This is the one day that we can.." I trail off as the person I'm talking to walks away. I sigh and retreat back to the table where myself and a few other Social Justice Members have set camp. Early this morning before school we set up a table in the school corridors so we could hand out the flyers and hopefully spread the word about spreading love.

It wasn't working very well.

"What's this?" Blake asks as he arrives at the table, picking up a flyer and looking through it.

"Today's National Kindness Day so we are giving out flyers to raise awareness and hopefully get more people involved in it."

"Sounds lame," he responds, putting the flyer back down, "Hey. Aren't you tired from last night?" he asks confusedly.

"Oh. Very," I sigh, my cheeks flushing red. He wasn't pretending that it never happened and he didn't appear to regret any of it, which makes me so happy because I don't know what I would've done if he went back to being mean Blake.

"Really? You look fresh," he comments.

"Hey!" I smile to a person passing by. I hold out a flyer to them, "Today's National Kindness Day and..." I trail off as they walk away and exhale a sigh, "Nobody cares," I tell Blake with a frown, "We've only given away five brochures: two of which were used to make paper planes and another to wrap their chewing gum with."

Blake stares at me for a long moment before eventually sighing with exasperation. "Alright. Fine. I'll help you with your saintly project and give a few flyers to some of my friends," he mutters as he grabs a pile of flyers, "Stop nagging me. Fucking hell."

I furrow my eyebrows, "But I didn't ask you t-"

"You were pleading me with your eyes, I could see it," he tells me, and I smile as I watch him shove one flyer into his jean back-pocket for himself, "The things I do for you, Bronte. Honestly," he scowls, walking away.

▲ ▲ ▲

"Class, listen up!" Ms Clarke bellows over the chattering class. Everyone immediately falls silent and turns their attention to Ms Clarke.

I know, it's a miracle, huh?

Ms. Clarke is a force to be reckoned with, which is why all students do everything she wants at her beck and call. It's quite amazing, actually.

"I hope you've all read my emails about the upcoming class task which will be due at the end of term. I know most of you are keen on slacking off for the next two weeks, but not on my watch."

The class let out a collective groan and her eyes sparkle with what looks like pleasure.

"You will be working in pairs, as you hopefully already know-" That was enough to make the class explode into conversation about their partners. I usually work alone in Ms. Clarke's class, but now that Blake and I are on good terms, I'm secretly hoping we can work together.

I sneak a peak in his direction to already find him staring at me - that made me blush. 'Partners?' I mouth to him hopefully.

He nods his head coolly and I beam excitedly. Yay!

"Class!" Ms. Clarke snaps, "Jesus, what does it take to get you teenagers to shut up?" We laugh at that, "I will actually be choosing your partners, so save it."

"Missss....." the class cries in protest.

"No, none of that," she shakes her head firmly, "Partners will be assigned in alphabetical order..." She then begins to call out the partner groups one by one, "Bronte Davis and Jack Dempsey." She finally calls, and I nod my head.