Chapter 25: he is a criminal, a murderer, who deserves to rot in Azkaban

Y/n Pov

"Y/n we need to talk" I heard Harry say from behind me. "Sure Harry, I'll see you later P" I replied turning around. "I'll wait outside" He said walking away. "Looks like I jinxed it...." I heard Pansy mumbling. "I'll be back soon P, promise" I said getting up to leave. She sighed and nodded understandingly.

Mione and Ron were also outside waiting for me."Hey guys, you all seem quite discomposed, is everything okay?" I asked walking up to them. "Hey Y/n" Hermione replied. "Guys is something going on?" I asked again slightly concerned.

"Sirius Black and my dad were best friends" Harry stated with a hint of anger in his voice. "Yeah I know about my dad and your dad being best friends" I replied calmly. "So you know that he was supposed to be my god father, my dad's best friend, the man who betrayed my dad!" He said gritting his teeth.

"He is still your god father Harry" I replied making him slightly furious. "A man who betrayed my family, a murderer can never be and will never be my godfather!" He stated angrier than before. "And how can you call him your dad Y/n, he is a terrible person, a person who would betray his best friend to save his own skin, a man who murdered twelve muggles!"

"Don't you dare talk about my father like that Harry James Potter! I have never believed and will never believe that he did those horrible things!" I screamed at him. "How can you say that Y/n, how can you defend him, you know very well how bad he is!" "How can you say he is innocent, when he-!"

"Maybe it's because the moment he got locked up in Azkaban, my life spiraled downwards! Maybe it's because I was adopted by a man who took me in only out of his kindness, who gave me a last name, and who treated me like a daughter! Maybe it's because after he was taken away, I was moved to an orphanage, and I had no one at all!" I said bursting into tears. Harry kept quiet. None of them uttered a word and stood in shock.

"Maybe he is a murderer, maybe he betrayed his friends, maybe I'm too blind to see the truth because every night at the orphanage I thought about him, praying to have him back, to have a nice life, and to have someone care about me!"

I felt two arms around me as I started to cry harder. It was Mione. "I have to leave now" I said wiping my tears and moving away. "I'm sorry Y//n" Harry apologized. "He may be murderer Harry, but he is still my dad no matter what" I replied. "I'm sorry Y/n, I really am" He repeated. "It's okay Harry, I understand how angry and upset you were" I replied halfheartedly smiling.

"Is it true, what you said" Ron asked. I nodded and replied "it's true I was adopted and the moment my dad got locked up, I was moved to the Wool's orphanage for sometime, until I was eight. Uncle Remus found me after that". "Isn't that a muggle orphanage?" Hermione questioned. I nodded. "But there was some witches and wizards there, who told me about magic" I replied.

"And Pansy I can see you at the door, you don't need to hide P" I said turning around. "Are you alright?" she asked walking towards me. "Yea P, I am". She smiled. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going back to the castle, I'll see you guys later." I said walking away.