xxxxiii

[ chapter 43 ]

december 3
12:00 p.m
columbia, south carolina

- - - - -

"Ariana! You cannot kill every girl that's ever looked my way!" I exasperated. The brunette gave me a mean look and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why not?!" She angrily pouted, of course being the stubborn diva that she is. I gave her an incredulous look.

"Why not!? Baby, that is illegal! We've already done some. . pretty fucked things and got away with it." I crossed my own arms over my chest. "Now you're pushing it." I gave her a stern look.

She groaned and whined like a spoiled teenage girl. "Whatever," She rolled her eyes and looked the other way. "Then I'll just beat their ass." She shrugged.

"ARIANA!"

~~~~~

"Yeah, no! No, Janet you dumbass." My manager gasped from the other side of the line. "Fuck off!" We shared a laugh.

"What I was saying is when I get back to New York, I want a studio session asap. I have a song I really like. It's completely ready and just needs to be recorded. I had Calvin already set up a beat and shit for it." I explained once again.

"Ohh, alright I'll get that figured out. Before or after Christmas?" My eyebrows furrowed. I looked over at my wonderful fiancée, who was currently organizing our wedding in the corner of the hotel room.

"After. Somewhere around December 29th would be solid." Janet hummed, hopefully writing this down to get it figured out ahead of time. "Alright! I'll call today. Anything else I should know, Y/l/n?" I chuckled.

"No ma'am. I'll talk to you soon." "Talk to you soon, Y/nn." We ended the call there. Almost immediately I grabbed a water bottle out of the mini fridge and walked over to Ariana. As I approached, she glanced up and smiled instantly. It made my heart clench and stomach swarm with fluttering butterflies.

The effect she still has on me is unbeatable.

"Hey, baby." Ari leaned forward, puckering and I instinctively leaned forward and pecked those waiting lips. She grinned like a giddy kid as she got comfortable again and looked down at her phone. "How's it going so far?" I ask, flopping beside her. She giggles and shoves me away from her.

I laugh and put my hands up in a playful 'what was that for' kind of way. "None of your business!" She stuck her tongue out — again, like a child, and turned to her phone once again.

"How's it not my business if I'm getting married too?" I squinted my eyes, giving her an 'are you thinking straight' look. She rolled her eyes and shoved me away again. Of course, it was all jokes and she maintained an amused smile the entire time.

"Because I know you suck at planning things and I don't." She replied smartly, holding her head high as if she just told everyone the thing she is most proud and confident in. I couldn't help but belly laugh at that.

"Whatever you say. . mutt." I quickly got up before she could grab me.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"