3: Being a "hero"

I yawned to myself and sighed. I'm bored out of my mind. Sure, stealing can be fun, but I need a break from just taking shit and leaving. I groaned and made my outfit, which was just a normal outfit that was totally orange, with the jacket I made thrown on top.

I formed a mask for myself, and went into an alleyway before I started flying around, mostly getting used to the motion. I looked around, and saw a guy robbing a different bank from the one I do. I dropped in front of him, causing him to slam into me.

He simply bounced off, and I wiped the dirt off of my shirt.

"I'm going to give you two seconds to leave, before I put you here forever. Well, exactly six feet from here."

He stood up, and was about to run away, when I held up my hand, and an orange glow covered him and my hand. I made a pulling motion, and his soul can be seen struggling to remain in his body, until it was eventually dragged into my ring.

I made the short walk to the corpse, and flew up into the stratosphere. I was just going to throw him towards the sun, and let physics take over, when i noticed that I don't feel a change in oxygen. I flew up to space, and cautiously inhaled.

I laughed silently at my success, and threw the body towards the sun, and returning to Earth. I landed, and popped my knuckles, with a victory grin. I was so happy, I even decided to throw his wallet at another criminal who just took a purse, and watched it knock the guy out.

I walked over, and crouched down by him. I pulled his soul out, and threw him into the sun as well. This hero thing is crazy easy.

I flew into the alley behind my home, and walked inside in normal clothes. However, my present smile disappeared when I saw none other than Landry Wills (The Bank Lady) sitting on my couch with a stunned face.

"Hi. I wasn't expecting you." There's no way she saw that.

"You're that Orange Lantern guy!" How did she see that? Plus, that's a fucking stupid name.

"Who?"

"Y/n, please. I've seen that mask almost everyday for the past two months."

"Fine. But I refuse to answer to that dumbass name." I stated flatly.

"Then what do you want to be called?"

"Hm....how about,-"

"Never do the title card again

"Never do the title card again. What are you, Robert Kirkman?" The titian "hero" sighed and waved off the woman.

"I'm going to be called Avarice. It sounds cool as shit." She rolled her eyes and walked out.

"Wasn't a denial."