The Wagon Fiasco

"Y'know what I think? I think V sent us to get these supplies cause he knew it'd be near impossible to get them back to the Chamber. He wanted to get rid of us." Hugo said, leaning against the wall of Monty and Attila's.
Yong looked up at the boy, lollipop in hand, "He didn't ask me to go. He asked you."
"But he knew I'd wanna take you with me." Hugo explained and Yong gasped, "He doesn't think we're competent enough to help with the machine." Hugo continued and Yong frowned.
"He's kinda right. We haven't figured out how to get all the stuff he asked for yet."
At that moment, a white horse marched by, pulling a cart with prisoners inside. Hugo and Yong watched as the wagon passed.
"I've got an idea." Hugo told the young boy, "I'll need your help, kid."

"Hey, Mr Horse!" Yong exclaimed, jumping in front of the white horse, who was taken aback by the boy's sudden appearance. Yong looked the horse up and down. Upon the horse's chest was an emblem which read 'Maximus'.
"Maximus...is that your name?" Yong asked, smiling.
Maximus whinnied in frustration and placed a hoof against the boy's arm, nudging him out of his path. Yong only moved in front of the horse again,
"You must be a pretty special horse with your fancy hair and shiny badge."
Maximus stared at the boy then seemed to give in to his flattery.
"I bet you're the best of the best." Yong added with enthusiasm.
Maximus brayed modestly.
The cart Maximus had been pulling now moved away in the opposite direction, though he didn't notice.
"It was nice meeting you, Maximus." Yong waved and walked off after the cart.
The horse looked pleasantly after the boy then had to double-take, noticing the cart travelling away; the prisoners who were inside it were tied together, sitting on the dirt path behind Maximus.

When the cart stopped, Hugo hopped out and Olivia ran from behind it. She climbed up onto Hugo's shoulder.
The mouse squeaked.
"Hey- I didn't doubt you could pull it." Hugo smirked.
Yong looked upon the blonde and pouted, "I feel bad stealing from Maximus."
"Who? The horse- come on, kid. It's just a cart."
Yong crossed his arms and Hugo rolled his eyes then smiled,
"Think of it more as borrowing. We'll give it back when we're done."
"Promise?"
Hugo sighed, "Promise."

The boys had only just collected the gears and crystals when a guard noticed them from afar.
"Hey- hey you two with the wagon!" The guard yelled, alerting another guard of the boys' presence.
"Shoot!" Hugo said from the box seat of the cart, "Liv- can you get us out of here?"
Yong' climbed into the back of the wagon with the supplies and Olivia huffed before extending her arms and wrapping them around the paired traces of the cart. Her feet retracted into her small mechanical body and a wheel protruded instead. The small wheel kicked up some dirt then the mouse zoomed off down the dirt path, pulling the wagon with her. Hugo chuckled and looked back at the guards left coughing up dust.
"Nice work, Liv! Those guards don't stand a chance."
"Hugo!" Yong yelled from inside the wagon.
"What is it, Sparkles?" Hugo called back.
"Maximus and Flynn Rider are chasing us!"
Hugo turned to look behind them. Sure enough, Eugene was riding after them on Maximus' back.
"I'd like t'see them catch up with Liv." Hugo grinned, looking forwards again, "Don't let up, Liv!"

Eugene flicked Maximus' reins and the horse brayed, speeding up.
"Hugo! They're getting closer! Maybe we should just explain we're borrowing the cart!"
"You worry too much, Firecracker." Hugo responded, "You're starting to sound like Goggles. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?"
Olivia squeaked and brought Hugo's attention to the road again. They were fast approaching a sharp turn.
"Great." Hugo clenched his jaw hard, "You've got this Liv!" He encouraged and the mouse rolled her eyes. Instead of skidding to make the turn, the mouse contracted her long arms and pulled herself up onto the wagon.
"Liv- what are you doing?"
The mouse squeaked.
"What do y'mean it's wrong? We're borrowing a wagon for supplies."
Olivia protested.
"Who cares if the guards are after us?"
Olivia responded and Hugo crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes at her as the cart slowed to a halt, bumping lightly into a stall of apples. The man behind the stall sighed in relief as the pyramid of apples before him were unphased by the bump. Then, without warning, the apples tumbled to the ground. Yong climbed out of the wagon and Maximus skidded to a stop in front of him.
Eugene jumped from the horse and looked Yong up and down,
"Hey, I know you- Flynnigan-Rider-kid. What are you doing with a prison wagon?" The man asked.
Yong stared then screamed and ran around to the front of the cart where Hugo and Olivia were arguing.