Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Making deals on the devils

      They were in one of the airports in Lansing, Michigan. Asner stared at his father while they waited for minibusses to arrive just like the other flight passengers. His father notices his stare. He squeeze his hand gently and offered a comforting smile.

" Don't worry. I would do the best that I could can Asner. "

Asner knows that his father would certainly do his best. He was certain that he would do everything that he can for him. Yet, that wasn't what Asner was worried about.

Fumbling his left hand inside the pocket of his light green jacket, he made a ring appear inside the pocket of his jacket from the storage space.

This ring was another reward from the system. It was a reward from another mission when he learned where or what type of timeline he is in this world of SCP Universe.

Taking out the ring from his jacket, he passed the ring to his father. The ring was inlaid with a cubic emerald gem and was surrounded by small white diamonds and lastly, the shank of the ring was made of fictional metal that Asner knows only exists in games. It was made of Mithril.

His father stared at the ring with confusion and uncertainty. But after staring at him, he decided to wear it on his other hand that wasn't occupied by his father's wedding ring. Asner feel some relief as his father wore the ring.

[ Soteria's Ring

• Named after the Greek Goddess of Protection.

Effects: Protection and Safety        ]

Hopefully, the item would be effective as it implied if things got uncontrollable or when his father's plan failed. He is hoping that it would succeed. Truthfully, Asner doesn't want to spend his time running away for the rest of his life. He was hopeful about his father's plan. But he wasn't certain that it would succeed.

Later, a minibus arrives. Asner and his father got on the bus while bringing their considerably small amount of stuff with them. The mini-bus arrives at a hotel later. Asner and his father decided to eat. After that, they left the hotel and waited for a taxi to arrive. After a few minutes of waiting, a grab decided to grace its presence on them.

" Where's your destination? "

The taxi driver asked his father.

" 30 kilometers northwest of Lansing. "

The driver gives his father a dubious look.

" The specific location? "

" 30 kilometers Northwest of Lansing, Michigan. "

His father answered calmly. The driver sighed and grumbling having weird customers and decided to start driving. At the backseat, Asner leaned on his father's shoulder. He was feeling nervous and afraid.

If worse come for worse, he would just grab his father and teleport both of them together somewhere. After the mission of the dream man, Asner finally bought that expensive ability. And he has spent some of the remaining points in upgrading some of his abilities. Like the teleportation and appraisal.

Asner also hoped that the information was true. Site 19 was located 35 kilometers Northwest of Lansing Michigan.

----------------------

     " Zankoku na Tenshi no you niShounen, yo shines ni nare... "

Within the outside post of site 19, Dr. Michael Edison, or just Dr. Edison sang the first few lines of one of his favorite Animes. After that, he just hummed since he forgot the rest of the lyrics.