Chapter 33

Shruti's POV

I went looking for him and saw him standing leaning to his car. Bhaiya went back inside after passing a sweet smile to me.

Siddharth looked upset... I went to him and looked at him.  He was calm but still hurt.

" I didn't mean to hurt you, I am sorry. But you have to understand my point of view as well. Just because you cleared that misunderstanding, it doesn't mean that I would develop feelings for you. "

" You don't need to say sorry, I was wrong. I took your feelings for granted. I am sorry for reacting like that. "

" Siddharth, so many things have happened since then. We just can't start from where we stopped. "

" Hmm of course. Don't worry, I am fine. "  He said and took the driving seat.

I don't know why I felt bad to see him like that. He was looking everywhere but at me.

I wanted to accept my feelings for him but something was stopping me. The pictures... How can I ignore them??

I wanted to trust him,  his brother and Maurvi. I could see only sincerity in his eyes and feel his feelings were genuine but I had pictures that screamed something else.

Maurvi and bhaiya were coming towards us they were holding some bags. I opened the back door and I saw another shadow of emotion. I opened the door wide for them and slid into the front seat. 

He turned to look at me but I didn't.  He started the car with a faint smile.

Everyone was quiet and only the soft music was playing on the car music system.

Soon we reached New Delhi and they went to drop me first. Siddharth had not said a single word since then.  He drove me to my home and took out my bags from the car. I thanked them. Siddharth just nodded while bhaiya smiled and said that it was their pleasure to have me with them on their way back to Delhi.

Maurvi came to meet my parents while both the brothers went back to the car. My parents were glad to meet such a charming girl.

" Uncle and aunty, can you please permit her to attend my engagement after 2 days. She had become a very good friend of mine as we all stayed together at Vikram bhai's wedding. Please allow her to come and make the day much happier and memorable. " she said.

My parents were really impressed with her. They permitted me to attend her engagement.

"  Uncle, I  would go to Chandigarh on the next day of my engagement as my father is posted there as the commissioner of Chandigarh. So she can come with us as she also has to go there to join the hospital. "

" Sure beta, but I hope your parents won't mind it. " Mom said.

" Not at all aunty, they will be very glad to have her. " She said with her charming smile.

" Please do come for my engagement on time, I ... I mean, we would love to have you there. " She said and winked. I nodded and she went away after giving me a warm hug.

********

Siddharth's POV

Finally, it was the day of bhai's engagement... oh sorry, official engagement. My parents were so excited. Dad, my cousins and I  helped in loading the cars with the gifts, sweets and all the shagun stuff.  We reached the venue and went into the hall.  All the friends of Bhai had already come with their wives.

As he was the sole target of their teasing, they started giving him suggestions about honeymoon destinations. I shook my head and went to see the arrangements.