Chapter 13

Finally, my menu was a little more streamlined than it was before. He organized the most important stuff into a tab and labeled it as everyday use. I dismissed the screen and started to send the stuff in the storage room to my office. As soon as I figure out mob placement, I will begin issuing out gear to them and hopefully start creating custom pieces. I sent the final crate down; I decided to head upstairs to see what I could figure out about that room.

Once I arrived, I stepped inside and looked around. The runes still didn't make any sense. I decided to repeat what I did when I first arrived. I extended my hand and sent out a small tendril of power. The runes greedily ate it up and began to radiate a gentle white light and slowly rotate. The sound of stones grinding against each other filled the room as the stones started their journey. Then just like before, the runes pulsed blood red and came to a screeching halt. I wanted to know what this room was, and not knowing was gnawing away at me. I stamped my foot on the ground and turned my back on the strange room. I'll have to rifle through the books I collected and see if I could find something that would help.

I entered my office and quickly went through the pile of neatly stacked books. There had to be something here for me to use. I grabbed one from the top of the pile and flipped it open. Lo and behold, it was still covered in glyphs that I didn't understand. What use was it, being a domain god, if I couldn't read a simple fucking book? I threw it across the room in a fit of rage. Just take a breath, Calixa. You are probably overreacting; there is a logical way to fix this.

I opened another book and stared at the glyphs for a moment; what if I treat this like I do the mobs? Maybe I should try and impose my will on it. That may yield better results than just staring at it like an idiot. I glared at the book and imagined myself being able to read it. I felt my eyebrows furrow, and I stared at it for a few more seconds before the words started to twist around and turn into English.

You have unlocked the automatic translate function for fifty essence.

Shit, well, I didn't want that to happen. It's nice that I could read it now, but I didn't want to spend any more essence in the process. Well, it can't be helped now, I suppose. I flipped through the pages, my previous task all but forgotten. This book seemed to deal primarily with magical theory and the discussion of where it originates. It could be helpful, especially when I start trying to learn how to use magic, but that was later down the line, mainly after I get my domain settled. I didn't want to take chances and be defenseless, and I refuse to let my mobs protect me forever.

I sat the book down onto a corner of my desk and moved onto another. That will be my essential items pile for future use, after all. I grabbed the next book in the stack and quickly looked it over. This one was another book that discusses the uses of magic in practical use. I guess this book will also join the critical pile. Once the book left my fingertips, I moved onto the next in the stack. I felt heat spread across my cheek as my eyes quickly drank in words. My hands slowly closed the book cover and set it down on the table, and slid it over. While I may not be the most innocent person around, I wasn't expecting to read an erotic novel. Though I can't say, I was opposed to the idea. I will keep this book for future research purposes.

After I cleared my throat and pushed away the budding feelings in my stomach, I began sorting through the rest. There were a few books about the Avarogian Kingdom's history, though I had no idea who they were. Once I was finished sorting the books, I sat back in my chair. Nothing I had indicated what that room was. I pinched my nose and thought over what I could do with it in the meantime. I would have to hide it away until I knew for sure what it was. I would hate to lose it and find out it's something precious.

I still had some time before the domain went public, so it wasn't too pressing of an issue, I guess. Speaking of which, I need to work on the next set of bosses and then on the domain's lore. A yawn forced its way from my mouth, and I stood up. Well, it was time to go take a swim and then start working on the next project. I teleported topside and walked over to the lake.