Chapter 30

Ian was stunned for a moment, then he closed his eyes and cupped my face in his hands, kissing me back. His lips moved against mine in a heart clenching passion, his lips so gentle but yet move with a fervent desire that had me numb against him. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to his chest, letting our wild hearts beat against each other. My hands moved up to tangle in the dark strands of his hair and he moaned against my lips as I raked my fingers through his soft curls, pulling at the bottom tendrils.

Ian suddenly lifted me off the ground and placed me on his table, gently biting my lip before moving downwards, trailing soft kisses over my jaw and my throat. He pressed his lips along my neck and I let out a moan as he nibbled on my soft spot. I arched my back, pressing closer to him as I ran my fingers through his hair, then down to his broad shoulders, gently giving them a squeeze.

Ian's lips reached back to mine, capturing them in a passionate kiss. He kissed me with a deep desire and longing that had me wanting to forget everything just to be in his arms. My heart raced, butterflies erupted in my stomach until I was lost in my own bliss.

Then he slowly pulled back allowing us to breath. I panted heavily for air and Ian leaned his forehead against mine, his hands on either side of me. "Do you still want me to be with another woman after this Hailey?"

I stiffened. I wanted to say yes but at the same time I didn't want to. I couldn't manage to. What's wrong with me?

"Answer me Hailey" He landed a soft kiss on my nose. "Do you want me to?"

I bit my lip anxiously and looked down, struggling to answer it. Why? Why can't I say yes? What's happening to me?

Ian let out a defeated sigh. "At what time should I be there?"

"Umm...at 8. I-i'll text you the address" I stammered.

"Okay" Ian pulled back and gave me a small smile. "Now do you want me to help you get down?"

I stared at him in confusion and he nudged his chin towards the table with a teasing smile on his lips.

"Oh I'm sorry" I quickly jumped down from the table. "Umm...I'll get going then" I awkwardly turned around and scurried out the door.

I went running straight to the cafeteria and collapsed onto a chair next to my friends.

"Why are you all red?" Lexi asked me as she chewed on her burger.

I let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know. Everything is just so.... confusing"

"Did he say yes to the date?"

I nodded.

"Wow, how did you manage to do that?"

A blush crept up my cheeks as I recalled the feel of his soft lips on me. The hunger in his eyes, the desire in his kiss and the way our wild hearts misbehaved. Pull yourself together Hailey! "That's top secret"

"Pfft. Whatever"

My phone suddenly rang and I took it out of my pocket to check the caller ID and it was an unknown foreign number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"HOW DARE YOU BLOCK OUR NUMBERS?"

My phone suddenly slipped from my hand and fell to the ground.

"Answer me!" A woman screamed.

Lexi looked down at my phone in horror. "Oh my god who's that?"

Recognising the voice I groaned and banged my head on the table. "It's my mom"

"Hello Hailey? Hailey? Hailey? Hailey!"