Chapter LIX - Held Prisoner

The room had cleared save for Lizzie, Sam, Nat and Pietro. Each one now spread out over the couches with plenty of space and Lizzie sighed a little as she stretched out and the credits rolled. It was just approaching five and Bucky still wasn't home yet.

Her mind wandered as she flopped to her side, pushing the cushion that she rested against so that she could sit up a little and she looked over to the door.

"They'll be back soon," Nat rolled her eyes as she grinned over at Lizzie.

"Hmm." Lizzie chewed the corner of her lip as she lay back down, picking up the bowl of popcorn and resting it against her stomach as she picked at the last few kernels. "I hope so. I miss him."

"Wow Princeska." Pietro laughed from across the couch. "He's been gone for a few hours, not you know, seventy years."

"Speedy!" Lizzie gasped as Sam cackled and Natasha bit back a laugh. "You're such a jerk sometimes."

"Ah yes, but we have established that my being a jerk is the foundation of our friendship Princeska." Pietro lay back with his hands behind his head and grinned as she threw popcorn at him.

"Hey, I'm missing the food fight?"

Elizabeth snapped her head to the door and a warm smile washed over her face as her eyes softened and her heart fluttered.

Walking in with his hands in his pockets and his lips set in a firm line, Bucky's eyes were fixed on her. She tilted her head slightly as she took in the serious expression and pulled herself up so that he could come to sit beside her. She ran her eyes over his dark jeans and the way his long sleeve grey t-shirt clung to his muscles. She tugged slightly at the soft leather jacket he wore and pressed a tender kiss against the corner of his lips as he gave in to the smile he'd been holding back as he had entered.

"I like this," she beamed up at him, still holding his jacket in her hands as he grinned. He shifted beside her, pulling her closer and she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I missed you today. Where were you?"

"I missed you too Beautiful. Steve and I just needed to get some bits and pieces for a project, nothing important." He kissed her softly, pulling her down with him as he lay back against the couch. "Fancy a night just the two of us Doll?"

"I'd love nothing more Sergeant Barnes." She smiled contentedly as he held her, her mind quietened by his presence and his love.

"I," Sam groaned, "am gonna puke. Thanks guys."

Bucky rolled his eyes and Elizabeth poked her tongue out at her friend.

"Mr Barnes," the lifted lilt of FRIDAY filled the living room, pulling Bucky's gaze from Lizzie's eyes.

"Why do I always look for this thing like it's gonna appear in front of me?" He groaned as Lizzie grinned. She loved how he always tried to find FRIDAY in the space. It reminded her of the light that had sparkled in his eyes at the expo back in 43. It made him seem innocent and pure. "What's up FRIDAY?"

"Mr Rogers requires your presence in his room. Dr Halsted is requested in the lab by Mr Stark."

Elizabeth laughed as she felt Bucky's arms tighten around her waist and she struggled to unwrap herself from his embrace.

"Come on James," she giggled as his lips pressed against her neck and he groaned loudly, "I'm all yours in an hour, okay? Just you, me and a good movie. But right now I need to go see Tony and you need to go back to Steve."

His arm snaked around her waist, pinning her to him as his lips crashed against hers and he freed one of his hands to grip her face, holding her close to him as he kissed her with fire and excitement. The protests of their friends went unnoticed as Lizzie felt her body ignite under his touch and her lips mirrored his frantic kiss.