emotions

Its been 2 years since the war ended, and today all the member of team avatar were at the jasmine dragon to celebrate it, before the start of the celebration they were all in their respective chambers.

Mais pov

I like Zuko, not just that...I- I love him, our relationship has been a little...stormy? but were ok now, Im 18...im a woman...but it doesnt change the fact that i cant express my feelings well, its- its not my fault, its just...me, but me being me is the reason why me and Zuko are fighting right now.

no ones pov

"I SAID THAT I WONT GO" screamed Mai

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS? WHATS THE MATTER? WERE GONNA HANG OUT TOGETHER NO BIG DEAL"

"THEYRE YOUR FRIENDS NOT MINE, THEY HATE ME"

silence filled the room, she slowly fell on the ground and began holding her knees, that position made her controll better her manners when she was a kid, to close herself up...Zuko sat near her, he knew what that position meant "Mai" no one answered "Mai, talk to me, dont be like this please" still no answer "dont do this, please" he sighed and pushed his head on the wall, closing his eyes, Mai with her face buried in her knees, "theyre all gonna be there, they dont hate you, they dont hate anybody" "...do this for me, please" "I dont want to be your pretty silent girlfriend at that party" she hardly said not looking at him "maybe this is why we dont work! YOURE SELFISH" she lifted up her head and faced him "IF YOU WANT ME SO BAD TO COME WITH YOU THEN DONT SCREAM AT ME AND YOURE THE ONE WHOS FORCING ME TO GO EVEN IF I DONT WANT TO, IM NOT THE ONE BEING SELFISH" he slowly made his way to her hand, she immediately pulled away "DONT TOUCH ME" slowly a tear rolled down his face, she was staring blankly at the floor "do you even care?" said Zuko "...about us? everytime im the one who gets burned and- and in pain...do you even care?" she didnt answer, just continued staring at the floor, not showing any emotion.

"fine, do whatever you want" he left the room, and doing it that heavy silence fell all on her. 

The party was going well, they were all happy, Zuko was trying to distract himself and they were alla having fun, but suddenly, Toph felt something...a weak vibration...a shaking vibration.

"sweetness hold me this im going to the bathroom"

"um, sure Toph" 

the earthbender moved closely to the weak noise and she finally reached it, it was someone crying heavily behind a door...Zukos room, it was..."Mai" said Toph out loud, the sob coming from the room stopped immediately, Toph opened the door, there she was...the nonbender looking like a mess, in the same position Zuko left her hours ago, crying in her knees. Toph didnt know what to do...she never talked to the girl even thought she has been knowing her for years, she just stood there for a few minutes then Mai spoke "what do you want" her voice returning stern as usual "you okay?" "damn...do I look okay to you?" "umm...I dont know?" Mai realized what she said "sorry" the earthbender slowly made her way near her and sat on the floor, "thats why youre not there...you and Zuko had a fight" she buried her face in her knees another time "its silly, I pretend that I have to behave to be cold tempered but i dont anymore...but I should? its just-"  "you think that if you start to act like you want and not like your parents wanted, youre going to disappoint them" Mai looked at Toph her eyes wide "I...I went through the same...I felt guilty for pretend that my parents were dead even if they werent"  "my fathers in prison but...hes still my father what if-"  "may I say...if I learned something from my trips is that you have to live like you want, and behave like you  want to be happy, but that doesn't mean that you have to forget about your parents, I still go see them sometimes even if theyre not so happy about how I act...just be yourself were not gonna mind...at least im not" Toph weakly smiled, so did Mai "I didnt know you were this wise..."  "eh...a lot of people say that" the earthbender stood up and gave the girl a hand "come on, its time to get out of that shield" she took her hand and got up "dont ever say to anybody about this, understood?" she punched her "OUCH- got that" 

A/N: hope u liked this chapter, keep commenting, I simply know that Toph and Mai wouldve bond^^