Chapter 46

{Quick A/N: Hi, everyone. There'd be a story about Lila and Nikita in this story because they won the voting section, of the secondary characters' story to talk about, in my F'B group: Author Gift Odulesi (Gift's readers) }

~ LILA ~

"Bye, Mom." I gave her a hug. 

"Bye, have a nice day." Mom beamed.

"Hey, you'll drive me to work, I'm too tired to drive." Nikita said. 

"Sure, whatever." I shrugged. 

Oh, if you're wondering: yes, Nikita slept over at Mom's house too, again. 

It was kinda strange that we were finally getting along after so many years, all thanks to Mom though.

I didn't know whether or not to be scared; was it a good idea to finally be friends with her too? She wasn't such a bad person that much but it was still scary. 

We left for my car that was sitting outside of Mom's building and got into it. 

"Getting along with you isn't so bad." She said after I started the car. 

"Same here."

"I can make you a big badass too." I noticed her wiggle her eyebrows through my sideways glance. 

"No, thank you. You've been enough bad influence on Imogen." I frowned while she burst into laughter. 

"Jeez, I was just kidding, Jesus' sister." 

I rolled my eyes at her. "You could be such a pain in the ass, you know."

"Aw, thank you. Anyway, speaking of Imogen, we haven't had a group call in quite a while. That lucky thing with such a hot husband. Man, I hope I have that kind of luck someday."

"You might, if you choose to and not just jump from one man to the other." I said jokingly, not wanting to yield to an angry Nikita. 

She chuckled. "You don't understand my way of life, babe. Imogen does anyway."

***

"You understand it all, right?" Kade, like he preferred all his employees to call him, asked me. 

"Yes, sir." I nodded. 

"Fine then, you can leave." Jovi said rudely, glaring at me. 

Jeez, this woman was so problematic. She acted like the actual boss around here rather than Kade. 

I turned around. 

"Will you stop staring at her already? Gosh, she's leaving." She complained. 

"Jovi, Jovi." He chuckled. 

How on Earth was he living peacefully with her as his girlfriend?

"I know you kinda have feelings for…" I couldn't hear what she said after that because I slammed the door.

On my way back to my office, I bumped into a hard figure and the files on my hand scattered to the floor. 

"I'm so sorry." That was the irritating voice of Briggs. 

"Oh, you." My voice made it clear that I didn't like his presence at all. 

He crouched and gathered all the files into one again, rose to his feet then handed it to me. 

"Thank you," I replied grouchily. 

"So… can you—"

I walked away from him to avoid his annoying anthem to me. He just ruined my mood once again. How could someone be so crazily obsessed with me? I was trying my best to avoid him but as long as we were both working in this company, it wasn't so possible.