Arc 3: Chapter 5

Vaughn still remembered the things he did with Y/n earlier.

Truthfully speaking, he was quite surprised that Y/n took the initiative to hit on him.

Though it's like that, he didn't hate her actions one bit. He actually loved it.

"Y/n."

Everything about her made him crazy.

Her smile, the way she stares at him, her voice... everything.  He wanted all of her.

Just imagining her standing beside someone else that isn't him makes his stomach twitch.

If ever that happens in the near future...

He'll have no choice but to get rid of that person.

"You're mine, Y/n." He kissed the picture frame of Y/n.

***

Today was finally the exams.

Y/n woke up because of the annoying alarm once again and broke it into pieces.

She did her usual routine. Take a shower, dress up, prepare her things and stare at the space for a moment of silence.

'I've decided. I'm gonna fail the exams.'

After the decision was set, she got up from the sofa and left the apartment.

When she opened the door, she saw her beloved man standing handsomely.

"Good morning." She cast her prettiest smile.

"Good morning." Vaughn smiled back at her.

'A very good morning indeed.' The two of them thought.

"Let's go to school together?" Y/n suggested.

"Sure."

The two of them started walking. Y/n then smelled the same fried chicken scent like yesterday and remembered that she hasn't eaten breakfast yet.

"I-"

"Wanna come with me? I still haven't eaten yet." Vaughn spoke before Y/n.

He thought that it was a good chance since he noticed that Y/n ate there yesterday all alone. But this time, she'll eat with him.

A good chance indeed.

"Sure! It will be my treat this time for real." Y/n chuckled.

'Ah, how cute.' Vaughn smiled as soon as he heard her chuckle.

When Y/n saw his smile, she thought of the same thing. 'I'm gonna marry him.'

"Let's go?"

They entered the restaurant and was greeted by the same cheerful cashier yeterday. "Good morning! What's your order?"

"What do you want?" Y/n tiptoed and whispered in his ears.

"Anything you want." He answered sweetly.

Y/n then recalled that she absolutely did this with him at the restaurant inside the mall yesterday. Then the next thing to happen would be...

"We actually have a discount for couples for this month. Would you like to have it?" The cashier smiled.

'I knew it.'

"Um, sure. And please add a strawberry yogurt drink." Y/n added.

'She really likes strawberries.' Vaughn noted.

Another thing that Y/n can't live without was her favorite flavor of all: strawberry.

"Alright. That will be $21."

Vaughn was about to pay in cash but Y/n stopped him. "I'll pay." She handed her black card and confirmed it after.

"Ah, let's take a seat here." Y/n grabbed his hand while Vaughn felt ecstatic when she held his hand.

"Truth be told, I actually ate here yesterday."

"I know." Vaughn uttered it out loud.

"Hm? Did you see me yesterday?"

"...Yes."

"I see."

"Here's the couple meal. Please enjoy." The waiter placed the food on the table.

"Ah, thank you." Y/n smiled at the waiter.

Vaughn on the other hand felt envy for a moment there. Seeing Y/n smiling to others made him frown.

But Y/n didn't notice this. "Let's eat!"

"Sure."

After they finished, they continued to walk towards school and chatted a bit while on the go.

They entered the classroom together and sat beside each other.

The teacher started distributing the test papers one by one and signaled them to start later on.

Y/n started writing her test paper with wrong answers when suddenly, she thought of something.

'I remember that Vaughn is a consistent top performer. I should do my best to place first with him this time.'

And so, she started erasing her wrong answers and wrote the correct one. After all, she was a genius.

*Riiiinnggg!!!*

"Arghh I think I got some wrong."

"It was so haard."

"Hey, let's go to karaoke after this one."

After the exam was finished, students started talking and chatting.

Vaughn was just sitting beside her and she tapped his shoulder.

"What's your last name again? I forgot to ask."

"It's Gregory."

"Ah, I see. Mine's L/n by the way."

"I know."

'Hm? He knows?'

*Ding* *Dong*

[Attention to all students in the Grayblue University. Pls proceed to your home because the staffs has a temporary check up of the entire school facility. Thank you.] The broadcast announced.

*Ding!* A notification rang from Y/n's phone.

[Ms. Y/n, don't forget to come at the main building later. From, your kind editors.]

'Right, I forgot about that.'

"Um, I'll get going first Vaughn. I still have something to do. See you!" Y/n went outside first.

*Ding!* A notification rang from Vaughn's phone.

[Come to the main building. I have someone you need to meet.] The sender was his mother.

"Tch. One of her schemes again." Vaughn clicked his tongue.

Ever since a child, Vaughn met countless girls that his mother assigned him to meet. They were basically girls from a rich family.

His mother always setted up his prospective marriage candidates.

"Hello. Pick me up now." Vaughn called for someone.

Outside the school gates, the ride he waited for finally arrived.

"Take me to the main buidling."

"Yes, young master." Nathan, his driver replied.