Chapter 3: The Coronation (part 1)

"Us? Are you serious?" Renjun exclaimed

"Us? Are you serious?" Renjun exclaimed. "That's absolutely ridiculous!"

The others in the room exchanged looks before their eyes landed on Jiyeong.

The nobles of Dealain and Eis were in a lair Chenle's father had created for them, a place where they often gathered when they had time. After they had received the invitations to Taeyong's coronation, they had decided to gather to prevent the people of Dealain from embarrassing the dark realms with their fashion again.

Jiyeong sighed, knowing the reason behind the looks everyone was giving her.

"Renjun, take a deep breath." Jiyeong said, making the male start to look away in embarrassment. "You can't really blame them. They just don't know us that well."

"Yeah." Chenle said, fingers furiously tapping on his phone. "Plus, Yangyang said that it's not everyone. Just a few people."

"Honestly, it goes both ways." Lina added. "We don't believe that someone in the dark realms did it either."

"Do we?" Sona asked, making heads turn. They sat in silence for a moment, thinking.

"I mean, that makes sense, right?" Jiyeong asked, seeming unsure.

"Well, think about who gains the most out of all this." Renjun said, much calmer than he was before. "What good things happened out of all this?"

"Really nothing." Sona said, leaning on the leather couch. "Just a funeral and everyone going back to hating each other."

"There's also the coronation." Chenle said, still playing his game. That made everyone's eyes widened in shock.

Chenle must have noticed the silence as he finished up his game, pulling his ear buds out. He looked around, staring at the people around him. "What?"

"It can't be." Lina breathed out, shaking her head. "There's no way that Taeyong killed his own father."

Renjun shrugged his shoulders. "We won't know until we find out the truth."

...

Taeyong stared at the gold crown in the case beside him, the crown that would soon be resting on his head for the rest of his days. The weight of it was heavy, along with the difficult path ahead of him.