Chapter 4: Family Relations (part 1)

Grace stared at the male still lying in bed, fast asleep

Grace stared at the male still lying in bed, fast asleep. She debated whether she should wake him up or not, knowing that she didn't have much time left.

It was a mistake, something she shouldn't have done. She was engaged to someone else, another man, yet she had spent the night cuddled in Jungwoo's arms, pretending like she wasn't the Princess of Ombra, someone without a duty to uphold.

While she was thinking, Jungwoo ended up waking up, rubbing his eyes as he stared up at her. "Leaving so soon?"

"You know I need to be in Feu." Grace replied, feeling bad when a pout appeared on his lips.

He tapped his lips with his index finger, making her shake her head. "At least say goodbye properly."

And like a fool, Grace found herself walking towards him, settling on the bed and giving Jungwoo what he wanted.

...

Sungchan sighed as he glanced over at his sleeping sister, passed out on her desk. Overworked and forgetting to eat. Again.

He got up, grabbing his blazer from the coat hanger in the corner before heading to where Rosa was, putting it over her shoulders.

"When will you start taking care of yourself?" Sungchan mumbled as he lifted Rosa's head, gently placing a folded handkerchief underneath to cushion her head. "You take care of everyone else around you to a point where you forget about your own health."

As Sungchan returned to his desk, he couldn't help but think back to the times when they were younger, when times were simpler.

Sungchan was a pretty happy kid, enjoying sports, training, and running around the castle. He didn't have much to complain about, living a nicer life in comparison to the others in his realm. Growing up though, he always wished that he had a better relationship with his sister.

Sungchan trained with the Lee siblings in the castle, the two being close to his age. Although he enjoyed spending time with both of them, he soon realized that the two had an irreplaceable bond. Being in the middle of that only made him want to spend more time with Rosa.

But his sister wanted anything but that.

Rosa was known to be cold, and that didn't change with Sungchan. When Sungchan pulled her arm, asking his older sister to play with him, she would simply pull his hand off her, give him a glare, and walk off.

Soon enough, he had given up, knowing that his sister wanted anything but to be with him. He was upset at first but learned to accept it, Rosa having better things to do than spend time with her younger brother.

That was until something happened.

It had been a regular day, a young Sungchan training with the Lee siblings when suddenly, one of the Ombra castle guards came running in.