10.04

Season 10, episode 8

"Hey." Helena smiled, her head entering a patient's room, who she noticed was playing video games. "Couldn't sleep?"

"Nope." He confirmed.

"Are you worried about the surgery tomorrow?" She tried.

"Can't sleep because of the crying baby next door. And the... frog and the monkey picture." He nodded towards the paintings, which seemed out of place in a teen boy's room. "Kind of freak me out."

"What level are we on, now?" The doctor shared her interest.

"Level seven. What about you, Dr. C? Shouldn't you be resting before you and Dr. Grey operate on me tomorrow?" He let out.

"I'm a surgeon." She smiled. "It comes with no sleeping superpowers. Now, video games can be good for surgical practice. Why don't you teach me how to play?"

——

Quietly entering the room Meredith's 3D printer project presentation would be in, Helena stopped next to Derek, asking. "Do we know what she's printed yet? I'm thinking liver."

"No, she said we'd have to wait and see like everyone else..." He muttered.

"I'm betting on kidney." Jackson guessed, as Meredith spoke.

"Eventually, even using a patient's own cells to prevent rejection. Welcome to the age of personalized medicine." She smiled excitedly.

Then, she pulled out a fork, disappointed mumbles and mocking chuckles starting in the room.

At the end of the room, Helena started clapping, smiling to hide her own surprise. Discreetly, she elbowing Derek and Jackson, the two doing the same.

"Guys, we just got the printer, yesterday. We're testing it out. Forks, today. Tomorrow, portal veins for actual... people." Meredith almost shrieked, frustrated. "You guys!"

——

"I've been trying to wake him..." Will's mother sighed as Helena and Meredith walked into the room.

"Come on, buddy. We've let you sleep in as much as we can." Helena smiled, as she reached for the pillow that covered his eyes.

"Good morning, Will!" Meredith let out.

"My big day started out as a nightmare when a clown came in at dawn asking me if I wanted a balloon animal." He muttered, sitting up.