Chapter 7

A.N. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Usually I'll write at least one chapter a day, but I've been really busy with school. I'll still try and update as much as possible, but it most likely won't be everyday. Anyways, here's the next chapter. :)

Matthias POV

I stared at the hanging body and watched the flies fly around, from where I stood in the middle of the room. I then checked the time on my small watch for like the millionth time. There was still ten minutes left of the hour until Nex came back down and for James to take my place.

I had basically stood there for no reason. The one man didn't move an inch after Nex's threat, and the other man, Jim, was in too much pain to do much. He had stopped his screaming a little while ago and now just whimpered where we leaned against the wall.

I had been so tempted to just kill them both rather than wait for Nex, cause I just couldn't stand the smell that flooded the room. But I knew that I would have been punished, possibly killed, so I stayed where I was in the middle of the room. I didn't even have a weapon on me to use against them.

"Matthias."

I looked over at the no-name man.

"Get us out of here. Nex is going to kill you in the end anyways, when he no longer needs you. Just help get us out and you come with us."

I opened my mouth to reply but then was thankfully spared by the door to the basement opening. Nex walked down the stairs carrying a couple knives, James following suit. Nex handed me two of them, but kept one for himself.

"Hey Jim. How's the knife?"

Jim finally opened his eyes and stared at Nex with hate. I also detected a little fear in his face. Nex walked forward and squatted down in front of Jim. Jim tried to back up and away from Nex, but he was already right against the wall. The movement only made Jim grimace from the pain. His breathing coming in short, shallow, and shaky breaths.

"Well... it's been an hour." Nex said, looking at the sharp knife in his hand.

Jim was unable to say anything, for he was too busy getting his breaths under control. Nex took the opportunity to jam the knife into Jim's side, the one opposite of where the first knife was put.

Jim let out a scream and threw his head back in pain. Tears were falling through his eyes faster than the blood that was staining the left side of him.

Nex had a wild look in his dark eyes as he stood back up. I'd never seen him like this, or at least paid enough attention to see him like this. He looked so much like me.

The way I had stood over my victims, watching them bleed out on the floor. Bloody knife or gun in my hand. The smell of rust filling the air from the warm pool of blood. I had smiled down at them as they struggled for their pathetic lives, begging me to help them. I liked the way they had struggled, and I liked the power I had held.

I felt James place a hand on my shoulder, breaking me from my thoughts. Nex was walking away towards the staircase.

"It's my turn." James said while taking the knives from my hands. "See you in an hour."

I nodded to James and walked away from there. Wanting to leave the vomit inducing smells and horrors.

And also wanting to leave my old self down there.