-Chapter 5:Pt. 1-

Thank you all so much for supporting my story! I hope your Pride Month is going amazing! ❤

This chapter will have details of abuse, physically and verbally. Readers beware!

Let's get on to the story! Enjoy!

-The Author

#############################

The Readers POV

   As I walk I feel eyes watching my every move. I know what that means. They found me. And that means that I will have to move. Again. Which is really sucky, because I just found one of my soulmates.

I arrive a minute late to the little cafe that I work at. I rush in apologizing profusely to manager. I quickly change into my uniform and get to work.

As I work I think of a plan to leave before the people who were watching  me, kidnap me. At first I was just gonna ditch my shit and leave but I need my weapons and some money. So instead I settle on finishing my shift, going home, and grabbing some stuff before flying to the next city.

I prefer cities because it's easier to hide in a crowd of people than in the middle of a corn field.

I think of everything that I will be leaving behind. My high school and my amazing grades. My newly found soulmate. And my job. I should probably let my boss know that I'm leaving. I quickly think of an excuse and head to her small office in the back. I knock on the door and hear her shout 'come in'. I slowly open the door and it squeals quietly.

"Excuse me, sorry to bother you but can I talk to you?" She nods and gestures you to sit down in one of the hard plastic chairs in front of her messy desk. I lower my self in to the chair and the lies start to pour like a rain storm.

"I have to leave the city for a while, my aunt in Connecticut is really sick and the doctors don't think she will m-make it." I force my eyes to start watering to better sell my story. 

"We are really c-close and I really want to be there for her on-on her last few days. " I add a bit of a stutter to my words. She gives me a sympathetic look and nods her head.

"My goodness, that isn't good. I wish I could hold your spot but there is too much business in this area. The best I could give you is two weeks, my dear." I nod sadly.

"Hopefully that will do. Thank you for your kindness, ma'am. I really appreciate it." She smiles and stands reaching to shake my hand. I comply, stand, and shake it.

"Tell your Aunt that I said hello and wish her well." I smile and nod.

Thank you so much!" I leave the office and keep up my facade until I am out of the  building. I smile a little at my success until I feel their gaze bore into me. I shudder but cover it with an oblivious facial expression and body language as if they weren't there. 

I start walking back to my apartment while I feel out the watchers minds. I find that their target is in fact me. There are two agents in front of me heading my direction, about a quarter of a block away and growing closer. Two more are behind me about half a block away. One across the road on lookout. And four in an alley way that I will have to pass soon. 

Knowing that this will end with a fight I pull out my wings quickly and place a glamour over them to make them invisible. They ache with the nervous energy that surrounds me. 

I come up to the alley and hold my breathe as I try to scurry past. But a pair of massive hands grabs my wings at the joint where they meet my back. They must be HYDRA they are the only organization that know I have wings. 

I scream out in pain and terror as I am dragged into the dark alley towards a black SUV at the other end of the alley.

(Alley is the picture in the beginning and the car looks like this. I DO NOT own these pictures!)

My wings flap, desperate to have the hands release their hold. I kick the person closest to me and hear a satisfying grunt of pain. I smirk until I get kicked in the ribs. 

I cry out in pain and someone clamps their hand over my mouth to silence me. I bite the hand as hard as I can until I can taste blood. They yank their hand back and slap me across the face. With my mouth free I scream for help as loud as I can.

The hands holding my wings drop me and a foot kicks me in the stomach. The air rushes out of me and tears spill over and streak down my face as I clutch my stomach trying to drag air through my raw throat.

Someone grabs my hair and starts to drag me deeper into the alley, closer to the SUV. I scream again and get kicked in the ribs for a second time. But they don't stop there though. An agent stomps on my ankle, and I scream loudly as I hear and feel the sickening snap of the bone under the pressure. Another agent kicks me in the head and I start to see stars.

Then I hear someone. They are quiet and I can only hear their footsteps but they are my only hope. With the last of my strength I scream as loud as I can. I try to get up, but get kicked multiple times on all sides. I squirm trying to get the agent that's holding my hair to let go but he only tightens his grip and proceeds to dragging my roughly.

Through my swollen eyes I can make out 4 figures. My only hope is that they are here to help.

###########################

Sorry for the cliffhanger. I know everyone hates them, at least I do! I will hopefully post again this week. But no promises! Love you all!

Thank you for reading and supporting this story!

-The Author