43. - The End

Wade looked back to the Giants as they trekked up the hill. He clapped Blake's shoulder. "Are you ok?"

The young man was sniffing a bit. If Wade was to be honest, the goodbye had made him tear up as well. Azzalea had put so much trust into him. She had disclosed so many secrets of the Giants to him. She had explained so much. She had cried out of fear for her son Creek.

Azzalea had hugged him so tightly, Wade didn't think River would have liked it if he had returned the gesture.

He looked over to the Giant called Briar. He was to escort them until they were half way back to their home. The Giant had put on his fur suit and looked like the beast Wade had originally been after. He sighed. Wade was happy to have the company of the creature for a while longer.

"I will be back in a few months." Wade had said as he grasped River's ginormous hand. "I'll bring some supplies and stuff."

Azzalea shook her head. "You aren't required to bring anything."

Wade put his free hand on his chest. "It would be my pleasure, Azzalea. Anything I can do to help." He meant it. He was going to protect these people for as long as he could. Until they told him otherwise, no one would know of their existence.

Blake had agreed. "Same." He looked over to Briar and smiled. "I'm with you guys one hundred and ten percent."

Now as they slowly moved away from the cave that housed the Giants, Wade felt saddened. He knew he could only take so much time off from work. He still had to function in the outside world, even if he would rather be inside the Giant's. He sighed again.

"Everything is going to be ok, Blake."

"What are you going to do about all that research? About your groups and stuff?"

Wade let out a sharp chuckle. "Delete that shit and call it a night."

~~~~~

River watched as Azzalea stretched her back. As soon as the humans were out of sight, she sat Creek into his cradle and stretched her back.

"It feels so good to be outside again." Azzalea murmured and looked to the quickly rising sun. She smiled at River as he watched her. "What are you thinking?"

He stepped up to his mate and stroked her hair. "Just that you are the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on." He ran his thumb over her bottom lip. "You're incredible."

Azzalea giggled and her eyes never left his. "No River, you are incredible."

They kissed passionately.

River shook his head. "My life would be nothing right now if you wouldn't have wandered into this forest. You have made me whole, my Fawn."

"Awe, be honest. You much rather be free. Roaming around the woods, running wherever you want, no worries. You wouldn't be held back by a fat human female and a halfling child, destined for greatness." Azzalea searched his face. She watched him look her over.

"Fat? I see nothing but delicious juicy meat." River grabbed her bottom cheeks and gave them a squeeze. "Meat tender enough for me to devour in one bite. As soon as you are ready that is." He licked at her neck.

Azzalea shook her head. "Calm down." She giggled.

"You my dear Fawn, have been the best thing to ever enter this forest. I was a lonely Giant with absolutely nothing in this world to call my own. I had a big cave, but an empty heart. Since the day I found you, my heart started to fill and now it overflows. It has split over and now we have a child.

"You have brought me joy and a purpose. If I wanted to run in the woods, I could. But where would I go if I didn't have you by my side? You bring meaning."

River shook his head. "I don't deserve to have a female as great as you. I ask the ancestors every day why I was chosen to mate with you and everyday I can imagine my Father shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders." He chuckled.

Azzalea reached up and touched his face. "It's like you read my mind."

River reached over and took their bundle from the cradle and looked down into the sweet face of their child. Creek opened his golden colored eyes and returned River's gaze. "Both of you are worth more than anything in this world. I would cross the fiercest waters, climb the highest mountains, and fight the most ferocious beasts, to keep you both safe."

Azzalea smiled at their son and then looked up to River beaming down at her. "What is it River?"

River leaned down and kissed her lips again. "River and Azzalea?"

"River and Azzalea." 

Why is it when I finish a book I cry? Like I knew it was going to happen, but here I am clutching my chest and trying to control my sobs so my son doesn't wake up.

Guys, thank you for following my story and for loving my characters (or hating depending on who we are talking about) as much as I do.

I do have a #2 in the works. I can't tell you when it will be out so make sure you follow my page to get the announcements.

I truly appreciate all of you for supporting me. I write for myself, but to be able to share it with those who care is such a blessing. It means the world to me. Thank you all! <3

Be sure to check out my other stories.

I am sending love out to you all!

Until next time.

~Autumn

P.S. - None of my stories/ideas/characters have been given to anyone as it says my copyright in the description. So if you see someone writing my stuff, please continue to let me know so I can deal with them. I've already gotten a few taken down, but you know how people are!

Love to you all!

~Autumn