𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦

DEEP CONVERSATIONS
"𝗂'𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄."

—AS SOON AS EVERYBODY REACHED THE CASTLE, ALEXANDRIA PULLED HARRY INTO ONE OF THE EMPTY CLASSROOMS

AS SOON AS EVERYBODY REACHED THE CASTLE, ALEXANDRIA PULLED HARRY INTO ONE OF THE EMPTY CLASSROOMS. "Are you alright?" She asked immediately, tying her wet hair. Harry nodded, but he looked confused, "Yeah. Why?"

"Well, Dumbledore put you under the water overnight with nothing but a charm to keep you alive. Something which could've gone wrong in many ways, and if it had— you would've died." said Alexandria as if it was obvious. "But enough about that; are you alright?"

He nodded, but it seemed like he was in thought. "Yeah.." his head snapped up, eyes meeting hers. "Thank you for saving me, I guess."

"Look, Harry. The offer's still up. You can come live with us."

"Voldemort will literally kill me," said the boy with a look.

"Not if I tell him not to."

"I just.. I just need some time. They're still my parents—"

"Who are using you for your fame. What kind of parents do that? Do they not think about what you want? Obviously no." She cut him off with a sad look.

Harry sighed. "I need some time."

"Hey," whispered Cedric, who had just sat in front of Alexandria in the library that night.

The library was almost empty, except for a few Ravenclaws in the back, who were studying.

Alexandria looked up from the book in front of her. "What?" She asked blankly.

"Congratulations."

"For what?"

"You came in first place," said Cedric as if it was obvious.

"I did?" She asked, then rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Noticing her awful mood, Cedric asked, "Your father didn't come again, did he?" in sympathy.

Alexandria looked down and nodded once. "It's alright. He's busy."

"So was mine," shrugged the boy.

"Your father didn't come either?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Well.. he— he expects me to win. His expectations are way too high to the point that he doesn't even bother coming, claiming that I'm already winning."

"That's depressing," said Alexandria bluntly. "Why doesn't your mother come instead?"

"She died," he answered, also blunt. "What about yours?"

"Gave me up to Voldemort, trying to save her and her son's life."

"So.. no mum?"

She shook her head. "Nope."

"It hurts, doesn't it?" He asked knowingly.

"Not really. I can't feel pain."

Cedric raised an eyebrow, giving her a look.

Her shoulders slumped as she looked downwards again, avoiding his eyes. "I thought that if I acted like it didn't matter, then it wouldn't." She admitted.

Cedric stood up and gave her a hand. "Let's go to somewhere quieter."

As the two stepped onto the Astronomy Tower, they both walked to the edge and sat down.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Cedric asked finally. "That it hurts you."

"Nobody asked."

"Well.. I'm asking."

"Why would you want to listen to me?" She asked in suspicion.

He was quiet for a few seconds until he finally replied, "Because I know how it feels and I don't want you to feel alone.. ever."

Alexandria gave him a small smile, feeling bad for the boy. "Alright. But only if I also get to listen to you."

"Deal," nodded Cedric.

"Ok, where to start," mumbled the girl. "Well, I do have two women in my life, who both take great care of me. But it's not the same. I've always wished for.. for a mother. I always see people with their own mothers and it— it pains me to never have known how it feels."

"Yeah.." he nodded as if he had felt the same exact thing; which he definitely had.

"But it's alright. I've got my father," she tried sounding a bit happier, but her face fell. "but he doesn't understand me. He doesn't know why I do the things I do sometimes. Sometimes, I just want to be a normal teenager— not worrying about anything, but he doesn't get that."

"You're not normal," started Cedric. "because I see an extraordinary person when I look at you, no matter how hard you try to be normal. It doesn't suit you, Andria. You're meant to be extraordinary, not normal."

Alexandria finally smiled, somehow feeling much better. "You mean that?"

"Every word," he nodded and laid his head in her lap, smiling when she didn't say anything. "I'd never lie to you."

She started running her fingers through his hair without noticing. "I'd rather be broken by the truth, than be happy by a lie." She looked into his eyes. "So, I really hope you'll never lie."

"I wouldn't let you be heartbroken, but I'll still tell you the truth. Heartbreak is the worst and I'll save you from every form of heartbreak."

"Never save me," said Alexandria immediately with a shake of her head. "I'd love to feel something, even if it's heartbreak. I've never.. felt."

"I'll save you."

"Why? That's stupid."

"Because saving the people you like isn't stupid. It isn't even a choice." He slightly stood up. "And I'll save you from anything and everything."

She rolled her eyes, but he didn't miss the small smile on her face. And then she answered, "I'll save you right back."