11

chapter status: edited

C A L U M

I sat in the lobby outside of Michael and Ashton's room, listening to music, waiting for the girl in there to get out. I'm such a fuck up.

What was I thinking?

I slept with my best friend's lover, I told her I love her, and left my friends in a bar so I could be alone with her once more. I was such a terrible person.

As Cage the Elephant blasted through my headphones, I impatiently tapped my foot. I stood up, opening the door to their hospital room. There sat a red headed girl next to Michael, she held onto his hand, caressing the back of his hand with her thumb. When I walked in, her head popped up, and she jumped back in her chair.

"Hello." I smiled, inching closer to her one step at a time. Her eyes moved to her hands, and then they flicked up towards Michael's lifeless body.

He was so full of life, happiness, joy, and now that was all gone as he laid in a hospital bed, motionless. I looked over at Ashton, who was lightly snoring as he slept. Knowing Ashton, he was going through hell at the moment. He wasn't himself sitting in that hospital bed, wishing he could stand up, walk around, explore, do anything he wanted. But he couldn't, and it was killing him.

"So, uh, what have the doctors said about Mike and Ash?" I asked, standing next to the girl in the chair.

"They say if Michael doesn't wake up soon, they're pulling the pl- the pl-... I can't say it." The girl looked down at her hands, messing around with her fingers, a tear rolling down her cheek and on to her hand. She looked up at me, making eye contact with me. My lip started to trembled, and the red head stood up, attaching herself to my chest. I burried my face into her hair, letting all the tears fall.

"I want to stop crying, but I can't. I love him too much. Why can't I stop?" She sobbed into my chest, clutching onto the back of my shirt.

"U-um guys?" We heard a voice call from behind us,"Why so sad?"

We both turned around, still holding each other as we met the face of the voice.

.

.

.

E M M A

"Wh-What?" I stuttered, the words barely coming out. My heart was in my stomach, beating at a rapid pace. My head was pounding, my knees felt weak, yet I felt they could run high speed to my apartment to pack my stuff.

"You look sick, I think you should take a seat." Luke whispered, holding the small of my back as he walked me towards a bench.

As we took a seat, the world was spinning, my mind filled with questions.

"I'm sure you have questions," Luke started, sitting back on the bench,"So, I'll start from the beginning."

My ears tuned in, but anger and pain was still filling my body.

"It all started back in high school," Luke sighed, and I was prepared for a long story.

"I used to live in Melbourne, where I was known as Lucille, or Lucy. When I told my friends I wanted to be a guy, they laughed. They told the whole school, and I was humiliated. Being only 15 at the time, it was hard. So I cut off all my hair, leaving that horrible fringe, and my family and I moved to Sydney. My family fully supported my choice, but until I was old enough for surgery, I took hormone pills, and I dressed as a guy, and told everyone my name was Luke. No one knew, and once we formed our band, I knew I had to tell the boys. So, I did. They thought I was joking at first, but then they realized I was serious. It took them awhile to shake off, but soon enough they went back to treating me like how they did before they found out. Right before we when went on tour with One Direction, I got the surgery done."

Luke was in tears, and so was I.

I didn't care that Luke was a transsexual, I still loved him. Nothing that he had told me changed a thing.

"Luke, I'm a lifeless face you'll soon forget. You could go out and find someone better. Someone who will love you unconditionally. Someone who will never, ever hurt you. Someone that will always love you. Someone who has learned to love themselves. Someone that cherishes you and never takes you for granted. And, Luke, I'm not one hundred percent positive that that someone should be me." I wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"Emma, as much as I want to hate you, I can't. No matter how much you hurt me, bring me down, and put me to my lowest, I'll never get enough of you. You drive me crazy, and I love it. And I don't think you understand how truly, madly, deeply, in love I am with you, Emma Marie." Luke was crying again, and my heart was shattered into a million pieces.

"Luke, it's best if we both moved on."

"Emma, don't say that. Just.. be my girlfriend, again. I wish I would've taken everything back. I wish this would've went differently. Please, give me a chance." As I stood up to walk away, Luke dropped to one knee. My heart was screaming yes, and was willing to hold him in my arms, but all my logic was screaming no.

But that night, I followed my heart.

.

.

.

M I C H A E L

I twisted Caroline's red hair between my fingers, as she laid by my side, Calum rambling on and on about what had happened while I was unresponsive.

"So Luke knows?" I asked, Caroline nuzzling her head into my side.

Calum sighed, "He's known for a day now. Everything has happened so quickly, Michael. Right now Luke is telling Emma about his secrect."

"Which I do not understand because I have not known you guys, well besides Michael, for longer than 24 hours." Caroline chimed in,.

"Calum, it's not right for you to still love her." Ashton called from his bed, and Calum stood up quick, an angry expression plastered on his face.

"Don't you think I know that! It's harder than you think to control my feelings! I thought by the end of this, I'd be over her. But, little did I know, I'd fall deeper into her trap. I love her. Shit, forget that. I'm in love with Emma Marie Kepp!"
Calum exclaimed, and suddenly all our attention shifted towards the door.

There stood Emma and Luke, fingers intertwined.

And in that moment, I swear, you could see the smoke flaring out of Luke's ears and nostrils, his face almost the color of a tomato.

_________________

___

A/N

I LOVE THIS STORY TOO MUCH

I PLAN ON UPDATING IT ALOT THIS WEEK SO STAY TUNED

-mikaela x