Chapter Seven

I really hope you guys don't mind the chapter lengths...I know they're pretty short. But I figured you'd like shorter updates more often. Also I like doing it this way better because I'm horrible at writing long chapters.

Short chapters for the win!

Anyways, enjoy ^,^

Chapter Seven

"This is where we're eating?" I ask, staring wide eyes at the very expensive restaurant. I've always dreamed of eating at a place like this!

"Well yeah! You'd think I'd take you anywhere less than this?" Dominic winks at me making my heart race and my palms sweat. If we weren't in public right now I might have jumped him. Try being a virgin for 19 years and having to listen to your roommate get some action every weekend! It's hard! NO PUN INTENDED! But trust me if Dominic we're to offer my pants would be off and I'd be on all fours- Dear god, I'm being coming a pervert. But then again, I'm a teenage guy. Sometimes I forget that. Honestly I see myself as gender-less. NOT THAT I'M LACKING DOWN THERE! Because I'm not.

"Well are you coming, or just staying out here?" Dominic smiles, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside the Italian Restaurant. I can't help but to feel an overwhelming warmth spread throughout my body. That and the smell of very yummy pasta.

Sadly as soon a very pretty girl-- with long blonde hair tied neatly in a pony tail thing-- comes to greet us, Dominic lets go. I glare at the girl with intense hate. This bitch better not be our waitress. I can tell she a slut just by that...cross around her neck...and the wedding ring on her finger.

Ooops.

The girl leads us to a table in the back. A table just for two. Dominic and I. Don't people say two is a couple? That mean, Dominic and I are a- Okay I'll stop with that nonsense now.

I'm sorry.

"I hope you enjoy your meal!" The girl smiles cheerfully and hands us two menus. Right as I sit she walks off leaving me practically alone with Dominic. There are a few other people here but they're pretty far away, on the other side of the restaurant.

"The Grilled Chicken Alfredo is my favorite thing here. But the Parmesan Spaghetti is also really good!" He grins.

I glance all over the menu to find the two dishes, however I can't find it. In fact all I see is really fancy non-Italian...stuff. "Where's that?" I've never even heard of most of this stuff, and honestly it all seems kinda, nasty.

Dominic's cheeks turn pink as he takes my menu, flips a page and points the the children's menu. He smiles sheepishly. "I've ordered off the regular menu, it's just, not as good."

Suddenly the confusing man that was my boss becomes clear to me. Dominic is just 22. Sure he's a little older than me but he's still a kid! Just a very, very rich kid who can buy his own maid, chef, gardener, and personal assistant. And although all of this is clear now I still feel like he's keeping something locked up inside of him.

"Well," I grin at him, "I think I'll have the spaghetti!"

Dominic and I small talk until our food comes and I think of the perfect question to ask.

"What exactly did you do before you got all the money?" I carefully take a bite if the piping hot noodles. "How old were you anyways?"

Dominic sighs happily, as if he was thinking of a good memory. "I was just a bit older than you. I still lived with my mom, worked at a McDonald's, and spent the rest of my time partying. It was the life."

I raise an eyebrow. "But can't you do all the partying you want now? It's not like you work or anything! Plus you can move your mom in!"

He smiles and shakes his head. "Things have changed Tyler. I'm not the same Man I was two years ago."

"No one is." I mumble, staring at the pasta I was no longer hungry for. I feel as if I triggered something inside him. Something bad. I don't want Dominic being upset with me.

"Hey, hey, no Tyler! I didn't mean to upset you!" I glance up to meet his warm eyes. "I just, I wish I could go back and change a few things. A lot of things."

I frown. "Like what?"

"For one I wouldn't have slept around as much," he bites his lip. "I would have gone to college. Hung around a different crowd."

"Why don't you go to college now?" I ask him. "It's not like you don't have the money."

"It's running out." He blurts out, hanging his head. "I bought so much in the beginning and now I'm running out."

My eyes widen. "Dominic! How much do you have left?!" I know that's probably not something I should be asking my boss, but he's more than my boss! He's my friend!

"I have enough for about seven more months in the house. Five if I don't sell my car." He groans. "Tyler I waisted all of it!"

Slowly I stand and go over to him, then I wrap my arms around him, hugging tightly.

"It'll be okay." I mutter softly. He hugs back. "I promise we'll make this okay."

"I've only know you for a few days Tyler," he whispers. "But I feel like I've know you for my whole life."

I blush at his comment. I know it's not time to go off into my fantasy of where we end up together, so I just nod in agreement.

"Dammit Dominic! Pull yourself together! You can't feel sad when you need to be strong! You have me! And I promised to be your assistant! And dammit I'm going assist you in controlling your money!"

He chuckles softly at this causing my heart to skip a beat. "I'm so glad I have you in my life." He admits letting me go back to my seat. I sit back down with a huge grin spread across my cheeks and a strange but wonderful feeling in the pit of my stomach.