Chapter 1: 3 a.m thoughts

C H A P T E R   1 :  3  A . M   T H O U G H T S:

"But if he was right for you... it would break his heart open to see you hurt in the very way he hurts you"
~butterfly rising
             ...................................................

 it would break his heart open to see you hurt in the very way he hurts you"~butterfly rising            

"Colton it's almost 3 in the morning, my flight is in 2 hours. I can't do this right now" I say quietly as my eyes are sealed closed.

"Babe, just please talk to me! You can't do this to me!" He says from the other end of the phone.

"I am not your babe anymore, Colton we broke up. Please can we not do this right now?" I say getting annoyed.

"If any of those years meant anything to you, meet me outside your house" he says.

Talk about manipulation.

You can't really manipulate a cancer. We're good at that.

"Colton I-"

"Amber, please meet me outside. I'm right outside your house right now baby. Please. 5 fucking minutes. That's all I ask." He argues.

It's all gonna be over tomorrow.

"Fine. 5 minutes" I say sternly as I hang up. I groan as I slowly get up trying not to wake anyone up.

I put an oversized t-shirt over my tank top and shorts, before grabbing my phone and sighing.

I quietly walk down the stairs, slipping on some shoes. Before, sneaking out of the back door.

The chilly fall air surrounds my bare legs, as I slightly shiver. My eyes search for Colton.

I finally see a figure, amidst the darkness.

He is the darkness.

I roll my eyes, as I walk towards it.

"What, Colton?" I say to my ex boyfriend.

"Please don't do this Amber." He says.

"Colton, look I'm sorry but I cannot do this anymore. I'm going to college, we were never going to work." I say quietly, while sitting down next to him on the bench.

"Why? Why don't we fucking work?" He says yelling.

"Because all you ever do is cheat on me, and accuse me of cheating on you. When I have been nothing but loyal to you. That's why, Colton!" I snap.

"Amber, don't do this, go to college with me! Please! We can work this out" he says, interlocking his hand with mine.

"No, Colton I can't. I wish you the best. But I'm done" I say pulling my hand away and getting up.

Suddenly he grabs me and pulls back roughly.

"Colton! What the hell" I say, trying to pull away.

"Why aren't you going to UCLA? they fucking accepted you!" He spits out. Digging his fingers into my arm roughly.