Chapter 2: New York City

C H A P T E R 2 : N E W Y O R K C I T Y :

"I love New York... you're never alone but you're always on your own."
~ Blair Waldorf

               ....................................................

"You better find a boyfriend in New York Amb, I'm going to miss you so much

"You better find a boyfriend in New York Amb, I'm going to miss you so much." Aurora says as I'm about to get in the car with mom and dad.

"Not happening, but I'll miss you too" I say, hugging her tightly.

"Sucks I can't come with you to the airport, stupid school starts today" she says.

"Yes I know it sucks, call me though, and please don't get back together with 'he who shall not be namee'. I joke.

My sister is on and off with Tristan Miller. Who just so happens to be Colton's cousin. Turns out, being jerks run in their family.

"No promises." she says as we hug for one last time.

Just then, my sister's best friend Zion pulls into the parking lot. I smile as he gets out of his luxurious black sports car and makes his way towards us. He's carrying a box of chocolates. "You didn't think I'd miss your farewell did you?" He says, handing me the box and one of his signature 'makes every girl fall to her knees' smile. It would work on me if he wasn't like my brother.

"You're the best. Please take care of her." I hug him. Zion wraps his arms around me comfortingly before nodding in response.

"Have fun. But not too much fun." He jokes, throwing an arm around Aurora.

"You too." I laugh.

I look over my sisters shoulder.

Our family home.

Where we were both born.

The memories.

The tears.

The laughs.

It's a pretty big house. 4 stories tall, gigantic pool. Indoor and outdoor. Tennis court outside. Me and Aurora mostly spent our time in this house alone.

My parents hired nannies while they were overseas or doing surgeries.

I'm gonna miss this life.

"Amber. You need to go. We both know this is the right thing." Aurora whispers.

Right thing...

I smile before getting into the car. Mom and Dad smile before driving off.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I love you too mom" I say as I hug her. She kisses my cheek.

"Call us, and have fun in college sweetheart" dad says, hugging me and kissing my head.